Silliness of Solar farms

I tend to agree. There is a lot of urban space that is wasted and should be utilized. I like how a good number of the schools in California are covering their asphalt parking lots with solar arrays.

I can’t believe this still has to be explained

Dude… not sure what your business is but I live and breath helicopters every day. I make my living supporting helicopters, rotorcraft, and fixed wing aircraft. That is a helicopter UAV.

The size is irrelevant. You need big ones to clean large surface area X in time Y. Or you need lots of small ones to clean surface area X in time Y.

Please just learn the facts.
#factsmatter.

Folks complain about it like there just aren’t enough Radio Shacks to go down to for solar energy companies to stock up on enough 60’s era “D” Cells to run a single AM Transistor.

You haven’t proven your assertion.

1 Like

Of course I did. I was asked for a single reference. I provided it.

All of a sudden…you want more.

LoL :rofl:

Let’s pretend a drone is a helicopter, shall we?

1 Like

No it is not. The OP was talking about a full sized manned helicopter in an attempt to make a point about it being cost prohibitive. The problem is that’s not how solar fields are cleaned

:rofl:

Dont need to pretend. There are small helicopters and large ones. It’s a fact regardless of what you believe.

#factsmatter

I did not see the word manned. Did I miss it?

I love how you people double and triple down as if no one can read your posts.

Yes. Facts like the OP wasn’t talking about a drone. And if she was then it was hardly a cost prohibitive way of cleaning

Then what’s the point of this thread? How efficient the solar farm is that they’re using drones to get the job done?

No matter how fast you backpedal, time travel is not possible. You will not find Michael Jackson in Neverland anymore. Sorry.

I look at it this way. The electric lawnmower I just bought (yea yea yea, I know some of you greenies are in shock right now . . . I’m in shock as well) comes with the largest battery the company produces. Bought a secondary attachment (inverter) that hooks to the battery for camping or power outages (yea yea yea, I know more of you are in shock). $400 batter and it will run my laptop and a lamp for 3 hours. Forget the fridge, AC, Lights, stove, microwave. Doesn’t have enough power to run any of those.

So some quick calculations in my head – batteries as listed in this thread that do a hell of a lot more than the one I have will cost a hell of a lot more. And by that I mean a supper hell of a lot more. Not to mention the article ~thinks~ they will be lithium Ion batteries that need cooling, and other crap to keep them from going BOOM.

Well, that’s just silly. You’re using a battery optimized for a specific use to broadbrush all battery technology.

What’s the capacity of that battery? 10 ah or so?

I single marine deep cycle battery, not even lithium ion, is often around 100 ah.

I’d say if you paid $400 for that battery, you got the wrong battery for your intended camping/power outage use case. It might work fine to extend your lawn mowing cuttin’ time from a half hour to 60 minutes or something.

Drone manufacturing is not free. Drones cannot be manufactured without energy. Drone manufacture is generally not green.

HSOOW …

We should use these as the reference. Bernie will hand them out like free government cheese.

https://www.tesla.com/powerwall

I clean my panels twice a year. Not a big deal. Funny thread lol

“I saw them doing maintenance on solar panels, they are useless!” LOL :rofl:

1 Like