Shutdown: Message from Commandant of the Coast Guard

Man. Donald Trump sucks as a negotiator.

1 Like

They’re not going to negotiate to open the government. If Trump wants to negotiate about a wall, it’ll happen after the government.

They refuse to allow to use federal workers as a bargaining chip.

I don’t see how anyone could be okay with using government employee’s lives as pawns in this way, but here we are.

WW,

Re: #7

I would be for not allowing illegals to access public schools, but how do you think that could be enacted? Aren’t schools under law required to educate all students living within their boundaries?

Change the law.
.>>>.

The President could end now. He could have not started it in the first place. If he’s so proud to own it, why does he want to pass off the ownership to others?

Why do Nancy and Chuck hate our Coast Guard?

I like all of those. I would also add or improve physical barriers in areas where it makes sense.

See #4.
.>>>>

See… the entire shut down… disrupting the lives of 800,000 federal workers and a few million more people downstream is a political game for the President.

It isn’t about compromise, it is about hostage talking.

This is 100% on the President and the Senate Majority Leader.

Let the blame lie where it is deserved.

You mentioned improved walls. We may actually need a few hundred miles of new wall in some places

And it certainly is not a political game for people as pure and righteous as Chuck and Nancy. They are far, far above this type of thing. :joy::smiley::rofl::sweat_smile:

They told the President what would happen during a shut down.

That they wouldn’t play with him.

It’s not like he didn’t know what was going to happen, but he was proud to do it and happy to take the blame.

Why do you want to disrupt the President’s Happiness?

Cuz I’m a very bad man. :clown_face:

Its a shame because the CG are are the ones risking their lives every day in the war on drugs.

Your orange master said he was PROUD to take the credit for the shutdown…it’s treason for you to ignore what your orange master tells you.

Well said, altair. How many voted for Nancy in her itty bitty district? How many voted for Chuck in his itty bitty district?

Yet, how many Americans rejected the itty bitty representation of Nancy and Chuck and voted for Trump because we want border security?

They are both disgusting and shameful.

It takes two to come to an impasse.
Do they both look equally bad?
Not quite. Trump is doing this for border security. Nancy is doing this to block border security (though actually just to show her base she can “get Trump”)

True but.

Chuck and Nancy could end it today. If they put the security of America above the concerns of foreign nationals. This is true as well. :roll_eyes:

Trump wasn’t elected by the people.

The people did elect a Democratic House, though, so I’d say the people have spoken and it’s not in favor of Trump.

Yep. He owns it. Or, he takes ownership of standing his ground for what the people voted him in to do.