SHRILL DE BLASIO: Tech Glitch Transforms the NYC Mayor into a Chipmunk During Campaign Event

Originally published at: SHRILL DE BLASIO: Tech Glitch Transforms the NYC Mayor into a Chipmunk During Campaign Event | Sean Hannity

Bill de Blasio’s failing presidential campaign endured another embarrassing blow this week, when a technical glitch transformed the New York City mayor into a virtual chipmunk during a live-stream event.

De Blasio continued to speak on a series of issues including President Trump, immigration, and more; seemingly unaware of the major audio issue.

“Due to a technical glitch, live video of his remarks broadcast Wednesday to the Iowa Federation of Labor Convention made him sound like a chipmunk, helium junkie or, if you like, member of the Lollipop Guild,” reports the New York Daily News.

“I believe the tide is turning, and you can see it in elections all over the state of Iowa,” said de Blasio to laughter.

Mayor Bill De Blasio battling some (helium-related?) technical difficulties as he tries to video call into the Iowa Federation of Labor forum today. I’ll just leave this here. pic.twitter.com/7G0BUznYI9

— Chelsea Janes (@chelsea_janes) August 21, 2019

The NYC Mayor commented on the issue hours later, saying “A canceled flight can’t stop me from sharing my vision for putting unions and working people first (or apparently from auditioning for Alvin and the Chipmunks).

A canceled flight can't stop me from sharing my vision for putting unions and working people first (or apparently from auditioning for Alvin and the Chipmunks).

To @IowaAFLCIO: Stay tuned for a less-glitchy video featuring my actual (and less entertaining) voice. https://t.co/gTlYgVq6D6

— Bill de Blasio (@BilldeBlasio) August 21, 2019

Read the full report here.