SHOWTIME! Schiff Wanted to be a Hollywood Screenwriter, Wrote a Film Described as ‘Too Depressing’

Originally published at: SHOWTIME! Schiff Wanted to be a Hollywood Screenwriter, Wrote a Film Described as ‘Too Depressing’ | Sean Hannity

House Intel Chair Adam Schiff once worked as a failing Hollywood screenwriter while living in Los Angeles; penning a post-World War II movie described as “too depressing” and a courtroom drama called “Minotaur” that no studio wanted to purchase.

“When Adam Schiff was a young assistant U.S. attorney living in Los Angeles, he did what everyone does when they move to Hollywood. He wrote a screenplay,” reports the Washington Post.

“He spent hours at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, reading the scripts for ‘Silence of the Lambs’ and ‘Witness’ in the library (it was the ’90s). He leaned on his courtroom experience, thinking back on snippets of dialogue during trials as he typed out a crime thriller,” adds the Post.

Schiff describes his time in Hollywood in an interview with the New Yorker back in December 2018.

“The first was a post-Holocaust story called ‘Remnant’” said Schiff. “I had an agent at William Morris tell me it was good but no one would want to see it—too depressing. Then ‘Schindler’s List’ came out, and I was, like, ‘Come on!’”

“I had a friend who was a producer, and he said there were two answers in Hollywood—‘Yes,’ and ‘Here’s a check.’ I was getting lots of yeses,” he added.

Read the full interview at the New Yorker.

Source: Washington Post