Should this past president be impeached?

By the standards we’re now seeing set wouldn’t it be appropriate to launch impeachment proceedings immediately?

“Today we need a nation of minutemen: citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort.”

Impeach George Washington. If it wasn’t for him, we wouldn’t be in this mess. :angry:

5 Likes

The woke generation does not like GW, not to be confused with one of the best mods we know.

1 Like

You have a point there.

But on the one the OP relates to… ?

Sorry. Don’t know. If I were to guess, I would say Jefferson.

Nancy will draft articles of impeachment on All of our founding fathers. I wonder when she is going to do her damn job with the people’s business like the stimulus. She really hates President Trump.

I say leave the guy alone and let him go back to private citizen Trump.

1 Like

Much more recent actually.

With the current standards being set though would you think impeachment appropriate?

You’re not wrong.

Indeed. Is there anything in the Constitution that says you can’t impeach a deceased President?
Certainly with the woke generation, the impeachment of Andrew Jackson looms.

Absolutely. President Trump is a danger to America.

did that president encourage a mob to overturn an election he lost???

Sorry Charlie … Trump is not yet a past President. Try again.

Impeach ‘em all. They must have done something to violate the new standards.

3 Likes

Manchin went on FOX to warn the House that Biden could get impeached 12 times if the house flips in 2022.

The more they impeach…the less time they have to mangle our lives with absurd legislation.

3 Likes

I dunno, did he rile the loons up to attack the legislative branch in a bid to overturn the election he lost or nah?

1 Like

Out of context quotes using metaphor are fun!

Are you saying we should start impeachment of G W Bush for invading Iraq? If so then no

Impeach all founding fathers and remove their statues

No, to answer to op-ed question here, that past president should not of been impeached at the time he said it or shortly afterwards.

That quote was by JFK per the Kennedy library - jfkflibrary.org

On January 29, 1961 it was delivered as part of a commemorative message on Roosevelt Day (FDR).

Love the part here that the cause of liberty, the cause for America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort.

This speech was a central theme for the incoming Kennedy administration and the nation itself.

Interesting comparison to this Biden-Trump campaign as Kennedy won a very close general election over Nixon in 1960.

One that many also suspected was rigged as well.

Nixon chose not to contest results though, and lived to run again and win in 1968.

1 Like

The chief justice of the SCOTUS presides over Presidential impeachments. I would bet that the odds are close to zero that he will be showing up for the impeachment of a President who has been gone for several months. I’m pretty sure he is not interested in being Pelosi’s tool.