Should The Media Be Held Responsible For Intentional Lies and Distortions?

Not sure it’s new. Calling an abortion doctor “baby killer” night after night on tv seems like it could be inviting ardent abortion foes to action.

Or are you thinking more direct calls for action?

Can you give some examples of what you consider “fanning the flames” by the MSM?

This.

This is known as a straw man “argument”.

Or in other circles, 90% of Rush Limbaugh programming.

My question is this:

Who gets to decide what media stories are true or not? Who do you trust with that kind of power?

The more straightforward explanation is that Trump is like no president we’ve ever had before…and not in a good way.

You know “veritas” mean truth in Latin?

So, they would never mislead.

Yeah its called sedition, conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a country, these days known as fake news which makes the current day MSM a true enemy of the people and the country.

Clipped this part because it amazes me to read a criticism of a technique much used by Our Esteemed Host, and Fox News more widely.

Cf. " … you didn’t build that …", Obama’s alleged “apology tour,” and many more. Those clip jobs made a lot of people angry.

1 Like

I bolded what hopefully even you can figure out is the truly nonsensical part of your post.

Can you figure out why it’s nonsensical?

Police fatality statistics are matters of fact, not your opinion.

IMO.

I definitely think a President who habitually and recklessly lies and distorts the truth SHOULD be held accountable.

Unfortunately, his immoral and rudderless base has no intention of ever holding him accountable for anything negative he does. He doesn’t even do anything that really helps them, but he regularly echoes their xenophobia and racism, which is enough to keep them happy.

What does that have to do with fake news pushing lies that caused Cops to be killed?

Held Responsible by who?

Sigh…

That it’s your OPINION that “fake news” is responsible for police fatalities.

Stay off the weed, hopper.

1 Like

Well, many media outlets (newspapers, radio/tv networks) have a very long history, some over a century, of using the tenets of journalism as a guide.

Others, mostly created in the last 25 years, were created as a business model meant to cater to a certain ideology. The fact that anyone would think those outlets are trying to be the least bit “fair and balanced” is ridiculous and incredibly naive.

But I guess as long as you can find a talking head to agree with you, you don’t care if what they’re saying is actually true.

1 Like

Fact, the hands up don’t shoot was a lie pushed by very sick people.

Well, no, there are innocent people murdered by cops on an unfortunately regular basis.

Just go ask Daniel Shaver.

It was a lie!

No, there are cops that shoot innocent people in America. It’s real and it happens.