Should the DOJ be directly under the executive branch?

Under our current constitution, they can not be an independent agency. They MUST fall under the supervision and direction of one of the three branches of government.

What branch do you want them under?

I would have settled for Obama and the doj not spying/plotting against a candidate running against their party nominee.

p.s. We understand journalism and the lack thereof just fine hence the total distrust of the left stream media.

1 Like

I wouldnt mind them under judicial but there’s really not a head of judicial. It has long supposed to be the independent wing .

You’re gonna hang on to that no matter what, huh? Until this president, they’ve been fairly independent. Trump has bastardized it with his stooge Barr. It was created independently. To function it should be independent.

What was supposed to be an independent wing? The Judicial branch? Or Justice?

Either that or legislative. Certainly not under the executive. I still think it’d be better if they were completely independent. This idiot president is proving that.

It was NOT created to function independent. It was created under the executive branch under the control of the executive, and given direction from the executive branch.

Why else does the president have the complet and full authority to repalce both the attorney general and the FBI director as his pleasure?

Both 10char

The idiot has been gone a while now. :+1:

Just the other day he was calling for DOJ to come to kavanaughs rescue on Twitter. He doesnt even hide it.

He did? Where’d you hear that utter ■■■■■■■■■

That statement is absolute proof that you really don’t. History slaps you down.

And as we’ve seen with this president, that doesn’t let the AG function independently. Are you really going to say Barr has been an independent AG?

It is slowly but surely coming out in the investigations. Turning a deaf ear doesn’t change that.

They are NOT independent. They are under the direction of the executive branch. As I stated, they serve at the peasure of the President and can be replaced at any time for any reason. THAT is NOT independent.

And congress has the full authority that if they think the president is abusing his office, that they can impeach him.

Checks and ballance.

Just as the constitution calls for.

You mean like the Clinton-Loretta Lynch conspiracy theory your people dredged up that fell flat? You mean the Obama birther “theory” that you guys are still trying to keep alive? You mean like the Vince Foster “suicide” that your side peddled forever?

Your people have a .000 batting average on stupid theories. Keep it going. They’re amusing.

The DOJ wasn’t a creation of the Constitution. So a lot of what you said there doesn’t apply.

No it wasn’t a creation under the constitution.

Therefore it is NOT an independent branch of the government.

Thank you for admitting that. It wasn’t so hard was it.

And the way the justice department is set up, the president has the right for any reason to replase the Attorney General and also the director of the FBI.

It is NOT an independent agency.

I’m thinking more along the lines of lying to FISA courts in order to spy on candidate Trump and even the attempted soft coup following the election of our fine president. The text messages between Stryock and the woman he was catting around with revealed much.

It’s all slowly coming out in large part thanks to Judicial Watch suing to get at documents and the work of our fine host as well.

Think you are going to be highly shocked before the Durham investigation is done.

It doesn’t have to be in the constitution to be independent.

I think you will be too when you find out JW’s usual partisan games result in nothing.