Should the current legal system be changed with regard to sexual harassment/assault related crimes?

Look around.

We live in a world where Trump has something like an 85% approval rating among Republicans. Where Republican Senators, the Republican President, and hundreds of thousands of Republicans came out in support of an accused sexual predator of children in Roy Moore.

Many people simply do not have a problem with this sort of nasty behavior. It’s sad, but it’s the world we live in.

1 Like

I oppose lifting statute of limitations for ANY crime.

Girls need to be taught that they should come forward right away. Of course, that may not be possible, but they should be taught and encouraged to come forward as soon as possible.

As far a verbal accusations in general go.

A females accusation of rape should carry NO presumption of truthfulness by the law. And the victim should carry the burden of proof. She simply must be prepared to corroborate her accusations with whatever evidence and witnesses she can.

Just the same as any other crime, regardless of the nature of the crime or the sex of the victim.

1 Like

I’m sure you said the same thing about Cosby when the first couple of accusations came forward.

Even if Kavanaugh accusations are true, the statute of limitations has long since expired. If True, Kavanaugh’s career as a justice might be over, but he will never be prosecuted.

With Cosby, they found an accusation where the statute of limitations hadn’t yet expired.

We got re-education camps ready for you… soon!

download%20(2)

Won’t surprise me if the Cosby conviction is overturned on appeal.

Sometimes???

Are you trying to put every bar/restaurant out of business? What’s stopping the 50 year olds from going to a liquor store and buying a ton of alcohol and bringing it home so that others can drink? It happens a lot with our current system. In many states it’s not illegal to consume alcohol, just purchase or drink at a place that sells alcohol.

Warped view.

Where was that in the video?

I completely agree with you. I don’t think there’s any chance the laws regarding alcohol would be changed. The thing is so many people are saying a lot of things but not suggesting any legal changes.

Being accused (especially with decades old allegations) is not the same as being convicted in a court of law by a preponderance of the evidence.

As I listen to some of these politicians they seem to be suggesting that in regards to these types of allegations the man should be viewed as guilty and must prove his innocence. Maybe if the law was like that more women would speak out?

that as well as bad decisions in life. Just my opinion.

Ford’s allegations are easy to dismiss because it only takes a second to realize that even if they were true,
they will not stand up in a court of law. Quite frankly I doubt any grand jury would vote for it to go to trial. Add to that the timing of the allegations and her credibility takes another hit.

Bad idea. Some more victims might speak out, but others would abuse that system to harass or convict innocent people.

How about instead of the circus that now entertains us, we keep this utterly confidential until after the court decision? That would make it easier for the investigation to not be tainted, the jury pool would be clean, the victim would be protected from harassment, and someone falsely accused wouldn’t have their life ruined.

What a stupid MRA strawman.

1 Like

Except if it’s Trump or Roy Moore, right?

Step 1 is missing here. Did anything happen involving the accused?

That’s my point. People only care when it’s someone not on their side being accused.