Should the 2020 census exclude non-citizens?

Some people, when they want to talk about themselves, approach conversations in that way.

I wonder if it ever works.

There’s a lot of projection going on in these parts.

Me neither. I don’t know who either backatcha is directed at.

I blame my fingers for typing it.

If someone wants attention, I wish they would just be honest and direct about it.

“I want attention. I was abroad and I did X, Y, and Z. I think that people should admire me for doing X, Y, and Z. Just admire me. And please do it now, anonymous people.”

Whatever X, Y, and Z are. I never care what X, Y, and Z are anyway–well, except for a friend who completed Peace Corps service in Guinea Bissau. That was some tough work. The medications he took regularly were almost as bad as the illnesses that they were designed to prevent. He said that the world’s best diet plan was mosquitoes.

I’m assuming that he meant illness from mosquitoes. i don’t picture him running around with a net catching and eating mosquitoes. But he allowed for the ambiguity.

2 Likes

Are you new? If not who were you on the original boards. You are quickly matching marge in wit and ze funny

Thank you. I believe you mean margaretms, whose posts I enjoy quite a bit. I am not new. I have been here for about six weeks.

This isn’t the original board?

marge? margaretms hasn’t posted in this thread. Am I marge?

You are marge-in-training.

We are all marge-in-training.

Some of us have failed already, but I think you survived the first and second cut.

If you have failed, there is no one to inform you. The same goes if you have succeeded.

No one succeeds.

No it should not.

The current system means that voters in areas with a large non-citizen population get extra representation in congress and the electoral college. That dilutes the representation of voters in other areas.

In the case of sanctuary localities why should they be rewarded with an extra benefit based on violations of federal law?

2 Likes

Like Texas?

Because the constitution. Don’t like it, try to change it.

If it was up to me, the electoral college would be abolished.

Because the Founding Fathers set up the counting for all residents of the country with finite exclusions, none of which stated undocumented residents were to be so excluded.

Or we could evict them from the country, problem solved no amendment needed.

1 Like

Their own country?

They live and pay taxes in the United States.

Therefore should be represented.

Losing something off the old fastball @WuWei

Allan

1 Like

This thread is about all non-citizens. You want to evict all non-citizens?

It’s better than executing them. In an either or situation I’m going to choose eviction.

No, just the illegal ones.

Yes their own country. How do they pay taxes when they’re here illegally?