Should states resume evictions and ignore the CDC's unconstitutional edict?

Evictions are normally a state or local matter, and the Supreme Court has already ruled that the CDC’s ban on evictions is unconstitutional.

Should states simply resume evictions and sue the CDC if it tries to enforce the unconstitutional edict?

2 Likes

Sue the hell out of them. Put them back in their place.

7 Likes

Yes. The states need to push back on this clear violation of the rule of law.

If Biden ignores evictions by the states, then the CDC rule becomes meaningless.

If he attempts to use federal agents to illegally interfere in state eviction proceedings, then he has removed any pretense of operating under the Constitution and the rule of law.

7 Likes

When SCOTUS already gave a decision that does have bearing on this and the CDC still does it? The Biden Administration is out of control right now, in many ways and is very harmful to our country.

5 Likes

How can they not have rent money?

1 Like

Yes, I suspect that many people are able to make the rent but choose use the money for other things.

The CDC should logically be on the hook for damages from its illegal edicts.

3 Likes

I totally thought that someone would gave already launched an emergency appeal by the end of the week.

Nullification, just do it.

1 Like

Those 05 Mercedes C classes don’t just grow on trees my friend.

A lot of them blew it on stupid ■■■■■

4 Likes

Maybe they should have an edict that says people should not have to make their car payments? Why stop at rent?

That’s how it is properly done.

Not going rogue.

Allan

Not a chance, pure fantasy.

It will go in front of a court of law and be adjudicated.

Allan

It was bound to happen eventually…

Right? People are going to snap. How the hell are land owners expected to survive when the feds decide that people have the right to occupy their property for free. How are they supposed to pay their bill?

3 Likes

Yes, if a state resumes evictions it would be up to the federal government to prove they are violating the law. The reality is that feds are the ones who are clearly violating recent court rulings.

This is not the same as nullification since the state is simply affirming what federal courts have already established. It is more like calling Biden’s bluff.

1 Like

How do they not have rent money?

2 Likes

Hard to collect from dead people.

Allan

They do. That’s not the point. The feds don’t like the fact that people can earn money by renting their property. That is not the way they want wealth distributed. They use the pandemic as an excuse to take down property owners. It’s diabolical.

2 Likes

I think someone is intentionally trying to break the property owners.

2 Likes

100 percent correct. It’s planned.

1 Like