Should old cars have to be fitted with airbags?

They also take lives, but since they save more than they kill, they are here to stay.

No. The mandates are very good.

Science? Who needs science when we have anecdotal stories to tell us Airbags are more dangerous and wearing seatbelts are for ■■■■■■■.

drinking to much water can kill you, would still advise you to do it.

It worked in the movie speed racer,…

78 was the recorded estimated speed. She didn’t even hit the ground for 152’.

And just like seat belts they can also kill you depending on the circumstances.

1 Like

Exactly, they work on the averages.

1 Like

I Didn’t create the thread, learn to read.

Charles I never said you did, I said we were lucky that another thread was created that you had yet another personal anecdote about.

Learn to read Charles

1 Like

My fault for speed reading. Your claim was of course false, In never claimed any expertise, simply my one experience with them.

Dude you try to show your experience in every thread you particIpate in. You never admit you are wrong about anything which is your prerogative but those who have an open mind will learn the most.

I have lost count of the times when something I thought was correct was wrong. I welcomed my error as it helped me to become a more educated person.

You rely on word games and semantics to prove intelligence on a subject.

But I digress,

1 Like

Read slowly, I just admitted I was wrong and stop with the personal crap.

No, they are not.

Where are your statistics?

Statistics and science are irrelevant.

This is about freedom from the mandates of over-zealous ******* do-gooders.

Removing the ******* mandate.

Then each person can decide on the free market how much “safety” they require or desire. They can then buy a car with more or less airbags or no airbags, as they desire.

And if they die or if they live as the result of their freely made choices, it is not your business, my business or anybody else’s business.

Freedom includes having the freedom to make choices others don’t like and to choose your desired level of personal safety and security.

I religiously use my seatbelt and I am willing to put up with driver and passenger side airbags, but it is getting beyond retarded with the increasing mandates.

If you want that, FINE, buy a trim level that has that level of airbag protection. And let other people alone to choose a lesser level of protection.

It is not your’s or anybody’s prerogative to save people from themselves and if somebody chooses a lesser level of protection, that is not your concern.

I am perfectly capable of completely attending to my own personal safety and security with ZERO interference from the ******* government.

2 Likes

Did you not understand what I said?

You made a statement as if they only saved lives. They also take lives. However the trade off is more lives saved, therefore air bags are the norm.

no, he didn’t.

Yes dad.

Hmm, I can think of something else that saves far more lives than are lost to it.

Want to make any guesses?