Should 18 year olds be able to purchase handguns?

24 year olds aren’t children. I disagree with you stance on this issue.

Allan

No you agree with me, 24 is the age you become an adult, so yes, 24 year olds are adults.

23 year olds aren’t children.

Allan

They are neurologically, which is where decision making takes place. Hey, you aren’t one of those science deniers are you?

1 Like

Lol. I don’t deny you are right.

Only that your stance is wrong about the age of adulthood. Maturity has nothing to do with it.

Only 3 states have backward views on adulthood. Mississippi, Alabama and Nebraska. The other 47 have it right.

Allan

Maturity has nothing to do with when someone becomes an adult, disagree. Because, science.

1 Like

Science is good for some things.

I mean some people become sexually mature before 24, Should we lower the age of consent to 12.

See how ridiculous that sounds.

Allan

Yes . 18 is a good age.

And smoking, too. Some states that is 21. Doesn’t make sense to smoke at all, but if you can drive to a bar with a concealed weapon, you should be able to light up.

2 Likes

Can we add having kids to this list? I hate seeing kids having kids.

2 Likes

Federal law is 21.

1 Like

No, because making good choices in a sexual partner and having sex also requires a mature brain. Just because their bodies are ready doesn’t mean their brains are.

1 Like

So the age of consent should be 24 too.

Lol.

Allan

From a scientific perspective, yes.

1 Like

But from a practical one, no.

Allan

Not much more so than 16 or 18. I was active at 12. There is a difference between an aspirational societal standard and complete conformity. From a practical standpoint, no marriage or children until 24. Not much way to police individual sexual encounters fairly or widely.

That’s fairly easy. Pregnant at 15. Imprison them. That will show em.

Allan

Didn’t know that, thought it was state to state. Doesn’t make much sense.

Adoption, to a pair of responsible adults.

Sounds fair. I bought my first gun when I was 16.