Shooting in Kenosha WI by citizen possible militia related

Spin off from here.

I took the liberty.

This topic is a discussion, mostly of the legalities surrounding the Tuesday night (Aug 25th) shooting of three riotous thugs in Kenosha, WI during riots sparked by the police shooting of Jacob Baker.

During that discussion in the original thread (which grew to over a thousand posts), an interesting discussion around the 2nd shooting began. There were numerous really good posts getting lost in the noise.

Therefore, I took the liberty of carving that discussion out and starting this thread.

Enjoy.

1 Like

17 yr old charged with 1st degree murder.

of course he was allowed to leave last night instead of being immediatly taken into custody.

Because he’s white?

He was arrested at his home in Illinois.

What is his background? How many time was he in detention or suspended? He may just be a troubled kids from a good two parent household

1 Like

Kid’s got a lot of potential. Be a terrible thing for one mistake to ruin his whole future.

/sarc

4 Likes

I looked. He will be fine.

:man_shrugging:t3:

Maybe they’ll give him probation and anger management classes like that little ■■■■■■■ who sucker punched a random stranger? The judge did a great job protecting that little ■■■■■

He went home. He’s from Illinois.

We really just need more mental health facilities. He just a 17 year old kid!

Did the police at least let him get Burger King? I’m sure he was hungry being a fugitive

2 Likes

Oh so it was tough guy tourism. Gonna land him in prison a long time.

All we can do is hope

1 Like

I guess we’ll see, he’s in custody.

1 Like

Poor kid. Any count yet on the number of times he was shot when he was taken into custody?

7 Likes

Two dead with an illegal gun is often treated the same as simple assault, so this makes sense.

2 Likes

You can’t defend yourself legally with a gun you’re carrying illegally. That’s basic stuff.

Well he was patted on the back a few times

3 Likes

Terrorist fist bump count?

Did you though? He traveled from another state with an illegal gun to purposefully get into some ■■■■ and killed two people.

I guess we’ll see. There’s probably going to be a trial.

There’s no I guess we’ll see. You can’t claim self defense with an illegal gun. How can you not know that.