Shooting at Chabad synagogue in San Diego kills one, injures three

Is home grown terrorism a problem yes or no?

Yes…

The reason Trump’s statement about the Charlottesville demonstration are germane is because Trump was offering support at solace to a Nazi/KKK rally. We have seen a tremendous rise in anti-Semitic incidents since Trump was elected including the two murderous synagogue attacks. Trump’s failure to address American Nazi’s unequivocally tells us that the President is failing to lead on this issue.

Even yesterday, Trump was still rationalizing the “both sides” comment. What is needed is for the President to state without reservation that regardless of what your personal goals may be, you cannot be a good person if you march under a Nazi banner in the United States. If you march with people whose slogan is “Jews will not replace us,” then you are not a good person.

3 Likes

Oh gosh. He has basically said that many times. Those who want to forget about it.

he made about a protest which had nothing to do with removing a statue in Virginia and the crowd chanted “Jews will not replace us”

Actually they meant Jews will not replace our statues.

3 Likes

Makes sense we can’t remove our statues.

Actually there was a carrying border patrol agent there…he shot at the assailant and missed.

Not really.

No. It had to do with those who did and did not want the statues taken down. And he condemned the white nationalists from the beginning.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/04/26/carpe_donktum_joe_biden_based_his_entire_campaign_on_a_lie_about_charlottesville.html

It had nothing to do with the statue, it had everything to do with white nationalism look at the list of speakers.

1 Like

It’s like we are back to “ trump didn’t call the media the enemy of the people, he called fake news the enemy of the people.”

It was about the taking down a statue of Lee and a renaming of the park. Trump completely repudiated the white nationalists. It is a myth that wont die because people and much of the media want it to be true.

no it wasn’t, it was about white nationalism look at the list of speakers.

Trump wasn’t talking about the white nationalist speakers. He wasn’t talking about white nationalist parading. He was clearly talking about those who didn’t want the statue destroyed. He explicitly condemned the white nationalists.

those people showed up to support a white nationalism event, they are not good people.

I don’t care what excuse you or Trump uses.

1 Like

Trump did not say the white nationalists who were there were fine people. He said that some who didn’t want the statue taken down were fine people. There is a clear difference much of the media and others want muddled.

Yeah it was super clear.

1 Like

trump is known for his clarity.

2 Likes

No. He said that some of the people there were fine people.

It was an explicitly white supremacist rally. Anyone who was there knew what the rally was.

Let me pose the issue in a different way.

Let’s say I’m a “fine person” who is really upset that my town voted to remove a confederate statue from my town square.

I go to a rally that I heard was about saving the statue. When I get there, I see people flying the flag of a [particularly heinous historical german government] and chanting “The Jews will not replace us”.

I dont know about you - but as far as I’m concerned, if I’m a “fine person”, that’s about the time I pack up my picket signs and go home.

8 Likes