SHOCKER: AOC Tweets Support for Striking Auto Workers, Accidentally Admits Economy on Fire

Originally published at: SHOCKER: AOC Tweets Support for Striking Auto Workers, Accidentally Admits Economy on Fire | Sean Hannity

Controversial Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez threw her full support behind striking auto workers on social media Monday; inadvertently admitting US companies are seeing “record profits” under President Trump.

“Incredibly inspired by GM’s almost 50,000 workers for having the courage to strike for the dignified work they deserve. In a time of record profits, workers should prosper, not suffer. That’s why unions play a key role in an economy that works for everyone,” posted AOC on Twitter.

Incredibly inspired by GM’s almost 50,000 workers for having the courage to strike for the dignified work they deserve.

In a time of record profits, workers should prosper, not suffer.

That’s why unions play a key role in an economy that works for everyone.

Solidarity w/@UAW🌹 https://t.co/DRrk07UsmW

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) September 16, 2019

Ocasio-Cortez infuriated countless citizens across the country last week; admitting she owed $19,000 in student debt while earning over $170,000 per year.

“Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., slammed Republicans as she revealed she owes nearly $20,000 in student loans at a House Financial Services Committee hearing on Tuesday,” reports Fox News.

“I literally made a student loan payment while I was sitting here at this chair, and I looked at my balance, and it was $20,237.16,” she said. “I just made a payment that took me down to $19,000 so I feel really accomplished right now.”

Earlier this year, President Trump signed an executive order forgiving student debt for thousands of permanently disabled veterans.

“The order, which Trump signed following a speech at the American Veterans National Convention in Louisville, Ky., also clears those eligible veterans from having to pay any federal income tax on the loans. Trump added that he is pressuring individual states to follow suit,” reports Fox News.

“The debt of these disabled veterans will be completely erased,” Trump said. “That’s hundreds of millions of dollars of student loans debt for our disabled veterans that will be completely erased.”

It was my honor to sign a Presidential Memorandum facilitating the cancellation of student loan debt for 25K of our most severely disabled Veterans. With today’s order, we express the everlasting love & loyalty of a truly grateful Nation. God bless our Vets, & God Bless America! pic.twitter.com/MMMsX3RDQM

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 22, 2019

“It was my honor to sign a Presidential Memorandum facilitating the cancellation of student loan debt for 25K of our most severely disabled Veterans. With today’s order, we express the everlasting love & loyalty of a truly grateful Nation. God bless our Vets, & God Bless America!” Trump tweeted.