Shapiro’s Latest Column... the Silver Rule

I didn’t even see this post before i responded. Lol. Thanks for proving my point

Here’s a fun, fact-filled opinion piece from the Chicago Tribune. … can’t call that a conservative paper.

This is such nonsense by the way. Actions of some in the BlM are represento e of mainstream democrats but white supremacists are just a fringe…

You understand how OpEds work, right?

The left does need to deal with political violence and actually in the last year it’s gotten better.

The right needs to deal with their own issues which includes political violence as well.

Yeah, I’ve written one or two myself and see it reported as news everyday.

Good job ignoring it.

Look, you all defending this harassment, etc seem quite okay with it and in some cases gleeful.

You are part of the problem. Just do us all a favor … don’t call the right facists when you’re proverbial brown shirts are doing the dirty work.

What the hell are you talking about? The only people who report OpEds as news are idiots. I’ve not defended any violence. You’re the one here telling me not to be surprised when a Trump supporter attacks a liberal.

I didn’t report it as news, did I? … reread it then tell me who is the idiot.

The part where you said the Trib isn’t a conservative paper as if that was at all relevant.

You said OpEds get reported as news all the time. That’s an idiotic thing to do.

Sure it’s relevant. I’ve not been in here a week and all I see are posts dismissing right wing news sites. So it must be relevant to somebody.

No it’s not idiotic. Do you not watch the news and see opinion thrown out as fact? I see it in every news outlet - most every news story - and that includes Fox News. But I’m able to tell the difference.

At least locally, screaming at women walking into the abortion clinic stopped 20 years ago. Yes, there are people peacefully assembled in front of the clinics, but they just pray and sing hymns.

I am a continually amazed that he is held up as the intellectual voice of Conservatism.

Facts don’t care about your feelings.

Neither do sociopaths

Intellectual and intellectually dishonest are not mutually exclusive. I would not discount him just as I would not discount Ann.

This is the exact rhetoric Ben wants.

I think that he is very smart, quick witted, and a skilled rhetorician, but he makes such terrible arguments.

The one in the link is based upon an unfounded supposition of what “liberals” think.

It is really a nice high hobby horse that he is sitting on there.

Right exactly and people just buy it as gospel, like the OP did. He is no different than any other conservative rhetorician but he is a tad more dangerous because even intelligent conservatives are falling for it and because he is becoming a force, the left needs to be careful in dismissing him.

1 Like

I’ve made my opinion about cable news relatively well known.

I hate cable news. I think it’s useless for the very reason you’ve cited.