‘SERIOUS IRREGULARITIES’: Attorney General Vows Full Investigation into Jeffrey Epstein’s Death in Custody

Originally published at: ‘SERIOUS IRREGULARITIES’: Attorney General Vows Full Investigation into Jeffrey Epstein’s Death in Custody | Sean Hannity

Attorney General William Barr vowed a full DOJ investigation into the death of billionaire Jeffrey Epstein in police custody Monday; saying there are “serious irregularities” in the circumstances surrounding his apparent suicide.

“Attorney General William Barr blasted corrections officials on Monday for what he described as ‘serious irregularities’ at the New York federal prison where financier Jeffrey Epstein was found dead. He vowed a full investigation by the FBI and the Justice Department inspector general,” reports Fox News.

“This sex trafficking case was very important to the Department of Justice, and to me, personally,” Barr said. “It was important to the dedicated prosecutors at the Southern District of New York and to our FBI agents who investigated the case, and were preparing it for trial,” he added.

“Most importantly, this case was important to the victims who had the courage to come forward, and deserve the opportunity to confront the accused in the courtroom,” he continued. “Let me assure you this case will continue on against anyone who was complicit with Epstein. Any co-conspirators should not rest easy. The victims deserve justice, and they will get it.”

Epstein -who is accused of sexually abusing dozens of girls as young as 14- was found dead in his cell at New York City’s Metropolitan Correctional Center in lower Manhattan.

“I was appalled, and indeed, the whole department was – and frankly, angry – to learn of MCC’s failure to adequately secure this prisoner,” Barr said Monday. “We are now learning of serious irregularities at this facility that are deeply concerning and demand a thorough investigation.”

Read the full report at Fox News.