Serious input needed on this Question Please

Faith is not some superficial “placing”

horses on boats are fun

A new and novel argument? How new is the constitution?

The idea of an EV mandate is crumbling before it becomes an actual mandate.

“Be not the first by whom the new are tried,
Nor yet the last to lay the old aside.”

― Alexander Pope, An Essay On Criticism

After the grid blows up, y’all can Build Back Better. Right?

1 Like

His argument is a fail

You bet. Why is it gonna blow up?

It shouldn’t have to be spelled out to a person that they are free to travel, walk, drive a car, truck, or ride in a wheelbarrow or buggy. …

I don’t know of anybody that wants a ban on EV’s, people have a right to buy and drive them. Two of my cousins have them and they are awesome.

A ban on gasoline vehicles is what this administration is working toward.

The courts recognized in the early 1800’s that the right to travel makes America a more perfect union.

Our constitution sustains Americans as free in the pursuit of happiness. The right to travel goes along with that.

Our right to travel is not a right to travel in a manner or to a place that encroaches on another person’s right. - - - like traveling in my car with me is not a right unless I give permission. Entering my house without my permission is also encroaching upon my rights. Entering my house without identifying who a person is also is not a right.

So there are no charging stations? By your logic, an ICE vehicle is restricted to the distance one could travel with a full tank.

IMO, it is good advice. I practice it. Suit yourself.

If the grid blows up, there will be no power for gas pumps. So there’s that.

1 Like

You clearly don’t even understand the conversation. Go outside and play.

Does having to drive a car with emissions controls limit your “right to travel”? How about mileage standards or safety standards?

Explain it to me genius.

1 Like

How about having no car at all.

A small portable generator (or even a solar panel) will run a gas pump, but it will take many hours for it to charge an EV.

3 Likes

That doesn’t really answer my question. You made the case that limiting you to electric power was a problem. But what about restricting the potential of gas power, is that also a problem?

1 Like

I thought it was understood that we drive cars like you described, all. the. time.

Yeah, until its tank runs dry. And have you ever seen a gas pump powered by solar panels?

If you are pumping gas from 30-40,000 gallon storage tanks at a gas station, you’re not going to run out of gasoline for your generator before those tanks are empty unless you are stupid.

And I don’t have to have seen a gas station pump powered by solar panels to know that it is possible to do so.

2 Likes

The push for EVs is exactly that. A means for the government to limit our ability to travel. Even without giving the government control of our travel by them shutting down the power grid, total reliance in EV travel could be shut down by natural disasters.How long has power been down in Florida after Hurricane Ian?

EVs running alongside of ICE vehicles and driven by people who choose to drive them is one thing, but one thing we know about Libs is that give them a millimeter, they’ll take a mile. Stopping at reasonable is something they don’t do - EVER. EV mandates will come, and soon if they are left in power…

2 Likes

But replace it with 1.6km.

3 Likes