Serbia's turn . . . Serbia wants to invade and "de-nazify" Kosovo

I was just thinking,
since everybody is invading everybody today who should we invade?

I’m thinking we should invade the Philippines. (It was ours for longer than China and Taiwan had the same ruler.)

One of my twitter friends thinks we should invade the Panama Canal Zone instead. (Same justification, plus it is strategically important.)

Maybe the UK can invade their American colonies and finally crush the insurrection.

Mexico can take back the southwest US that they lost after war in 1848.
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/most-mexicans-believe-chunk-us-belongs-them

Yep. France, England, Japan, Canada recognize Kosovo. Russia, Red China, and India do not. South Korea recognizes them, North Korea does not.
I think your map clarifies things a lot. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes . Denazify the Panama Canal!

1 Like

What Serbia did the las time they had control of Kosovo:

https://1997-2001.state.gov/global/human_rights/kosovoii/homepage.html

Yugoslavia ceasted to exist in 1992.

2 Likes

They crossed a red line you know.
The speaker of their parliament went to Cuba,
(Which we also owned longer than China ever owned Taiwan)

Plus, with any luck, if we invade Panama,
India will start buying more of our stuff!

Billy, the Blue dress bomber.

Better than what we did with Bombs to Libya…

updates

The Federal Republic of Yugoslavia ended in 2003 after the Federal Assembly of Yugoslavia voted to enact the Constitutional Charter of Serbia and Montenegro, which established the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro.
Serbia and Montenegro - Wikipedia

The Balkans have a history of ethnic killings and reprisals going back many generations. During World War II, there were Axis puppet states in Croatia and Albania. History did not begin in 1992.

Claims of atrocities in Kosovo were grossly exaggerated in order to justify a NATO “humanitarian” bombing campaign.

Hell I’d argue that place was done for the second Tito entered the grave.

He was the only thing that held that unnatural state together.

That was de jure recognition of an event that already occurred.

On the ground Yugoslavia was dead the second the first war broke out.

Although like I said in my other post, when Tito croaked that was the end of Yugoslavia. You can’t have a country made up of a bunch of different ethnic groups who openly despise each other and have hundreds of years of attempted genocides between them without a powerful unifying symbol.

Tito was that symbol. He was the only person that every ethnic group in Yugoslavia liked equally.

Once he was in the grave, the experiment was over.

1 Like

Keep your friends rich, and your enemies rich, and wait to find out which is which.

1 Like

He is not-so-subtlely attempting to paint Serbia as the “rightful” successor state to Yugoslavia as a whole.

3 Likes

Went down a Wikipedia rabbit hole one night reading about his life story and it was a lot more nuanced, and unpredictable, than I thought.

Not necessarily your typical communist strongman, so to speak. And, always a huge plus, willing to tell the Soviets to go ■■■■ themselves.

1 Like

He was a really interesting guy.

While I don’t believe in the whole “benevolent dictator” theory, I think Tito got the closest out of any dictator of the 20th century. Unlike the rest of the communist block Yugoslavia was actually livable. It’s economy wasn’t a complete ■■■■ show. Not saying it was a great experience but compared to Albania it might as well been the United States.

His main trait was his independent streak. He told Stalin to go screw himself (one of only three people I can think of who yelled at Stalin and lived to tell the tale; the others were Zhukov and Timoshenko) and he kept Yugoslavia in the middle faction during the Cold War alongside India.

Issue was that he WAS Yugoslavia. The nation was never going to survive without his leadership. No one else in the chain could command such respect and loyalty from all sectors of Yugoslav society. The Slav Super State was destined to die with him.

Yup, that tracks exactly what I read.

I think Voroshilov actually got off a few volleys at Koba in the 48 hours after Barbarossa. Basically like hey dude you liquidated our entire officer corps and now look what you’ve done. Possibly apocraphyal, who knows.

1 Like

Even when the word “Yugoslavia” appeared on maps I never met a Croation who considered it to be a country.

As far as they were concerned, Croatia is a Western-leaning pro-capitalist country that was invaded by those bastard commie-loving Serbian.

Baden-Powell (of scouting fame) served some time in the Balkans and wrote about it. He said a couple of interesting things, most of them were little tidbits that prove

• "Those folks have been fighting each other for the last 1,000 years
  • and they are going to fight each other for then next 1,000."