Separate But Equal

I’m missing that logic, too.

Is it written one can’t enjoy or song the song if not black?

This isn’t a new thing - “The Black National Anthem” has been touted for over a year now, and progressives will most assuredly demand that it replace the “Star Spangled Banner” in the very near future.

1 Like

There’s no controversy in bringing people together. That’s boring.

1 Like

Which is why countries like China are eating our lunch there is little dissent to the CCP.

1 Like

It’s an additional song being played not a separate one like playing America the beautiful also.

Much stress over nothing.

And since you are already not watching.

No loss of revenue from you to the NFL.

Allan

1 Like

Hey, which kind of boycotter are you? I see three different types on my Facebook. There’s the guy that doesn’t support the NFL, but he watches because he supports Tom Brady. (Yeah, that confuses me, too.)

Then there’s the guy that says he’s gonna boycott, but watches anyway.

And then there’s the guy that makes a big deal over his boycotting, but he’s never cared about football to begin with and I’ve never even seen him watch a single game.

1 Like

If anyone wants to boycott the NFL then it’s their right to do so. But at least let your husbands watch if they want to.

1 Like

What happens when other groups want to include their favorite anthem?

1 Like

Yeah! Like the devil worshipers!

the same way separate water fountains and other forms of democrat jim crow segregation were unfairly discriminatory

unless, you dont think that was discrimination

1 Like

a nation divided

good job lefties

1 Like

and when the “coloreds only” section opens back up in restaurants they can just boycott that too huh?

1 Like

separate “coloreds” bathrooms are “inclusion” too because they are in the same building, right?

no loss of revenue by adding a separate water fountain either

see how much you looove capitalism?

Who exactly is referring to it as “the black national anthem”?

This wouldn’t be the first time two songs were played at a game.

There have got to be better topics to have a fit about than this beautiful work.

If the NFL decides to have the Black Eyed Peas sing Sweet Child of Mine again at a Superbowl, I for one will be here having my fit. Their Superbowl performance roughly 10 years ago sounded like little animals being butchered in my living room.

Here’s more about this poem that seems to be upsetting conservatives, who seem to be the only ones referring to it as any group’s national anthem:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lift-every-voice-and-sing-known-as-black-national-anthem-to-be-played-before-major-nfl-events/ar-AAMcgl8

When I typed that I was thinking about two hours of favorite anthems to be fair for everyone and forget about the game - the reason for being there in the first place.

2 Likes

Umm no, not just conservatives.

Today “Lift Every Voice and Sing” is one of the most cherished songs of the African American Civil Rights Movement and is often referred to as the Black National Anthem.

Your own MSN link contradicts your claim.

1 Like

Oh, I just have to know your train of thought as to how playing a song at a football game is gonna lead to segregation again!

soon the mexican national anthem, the chinese anthem, etc

that’s inclusive! lol. how stupid

1 Like

Better start raging against the NHL as well. It’s not uncommon that they play/sing the Canadian national anthem before games, too.

1 Like