Senator Sinema kills filibuster change

Boomer

Emojis are not a boomer innovation.

Exactly.

ALL CApslock is

1 Like

Underline or italicize makes no difference to me.

When your argument relies on emphasizing words such as “precisely” or “exactly” or “procedurally” or “technically” … you’re relying on semantics.

Yet we are not too old to understand their purpose and use. :stuck_out_tongue:

No … that’s shouting. There is no need to shout to emphasize a word.

You are not following me. Emphasis often is used to make the word in question the topic of the sentence.

End of story….period.

They are all using it like a verb, because it serves the (untrue) purpose of casting their opponents’ choice not to support as active obstruction. It’s cowardly, and dishonest, and that applies very broadly to everyone playing at this republic-killing game.

1 Like

This.

Sure. Does it really matter?

Yup…

1 Like

Yeah, it does. This is a national bad habit, this collective bad faith.

My fellow travellers do it with guns all the time, acting like the mere possession of a weapon is an act of hostility.

1 Like

OK. It’s hard for me to disagree. Maybe I just expect kabuki from the kabuki actors.

Then Strip her of commitee positions and declare her a conservative lover despite a liberal voting record. No wait.

2 Likes

Nixon almost managed to cripple the Presidency for a very long time. A net positive. Carter, who is a moral man, but wrong about the moment he found himself in, nearly sealed it as a permanent fixture that the Presidency is laughable.

Since Reagan, the Presidency has become a cancer, a source of conflict, and the office most likely to get people killed. Every President since Reagan has managed to enhance this trend, esp. Bush II and Obama. The problems acting as a tearing centripetal force are often escalated by the Presidency’s overseas proconsular, nearly unilateral powers, powers that are invariably brought to bear against citizens in due course.

Look, I hate Georgia’s election shenanigans, and I think there are only wounds to come from Texas’ abortion law, but if we cannot use the federal legislature (and this will include Acts I don’t support) to establish the ground rules, Americans will turn to the executive and the judiciary to force or undo change, in wave after wave of reaction and counteraction.

1 Like

You’re not wrong, you’re too late…

1 Like

Sounds familiar…

3 Likes

Racist in Chief.

3 Likes