Senator Hirono doesn’t give a damn about women

I remember when she said this quite well.

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) told men to “shut up and step up” when it comes to Brett Kavanaugh’s sexual assault accusation. Asked whether her being one of four women on the Senate Judiciary Committee impacts the Kavanaugh confirmation proceedings, Senator Hirono says, “I just want to say to the men of this country: Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing for a change.”

“Not only do women like Dr. Ford, who bravely comes forward, need to be heard, but they need to be believed. They need to be believed,” Hirono said. “We cannot continue the victimization and the smearing of someone like Dr. Ford.”

Now she endorses Biden?

What gives? Why doesn’t Reade need to be believed?

Link to article. Sen. Hirono: Men Need To "Shut Up," Kavanaugh Accuser Needs To Be Believed And I Believe Her | Video | RealClearPolitics

Some people do things not because it’s right for all…but because it’s right for them. Those are very small people. When you prosper, it should be in the sharing of the prosperity of your decision. When your personal prosperity comes at the direct expense of others, I am much more scrutinizing of the process of both loss…and gain. After completing my analysis of her, I’ve concluded…she’s a turd. :sunglasses:

The lib duplicity on this has already been well evidenced in a lot of threads here.

Hillary Clinton has also abandoned her alleged principles and ignored the accusations against Biden, in spite of her posturing over Kavanaugh.

Meh. This is going to be de rigueur from the left. It’s just part of that political ecosystem. You’ll go bald if you start pulling out your hair over each new example.

I didn’t even load my favorite quote from her:

"We have to create an environment where women can come forward and be heard and be listened to. I want to thank Dr. Ford. I commend her courage. I believe her," the Senator said.

But she doesn’t believe Biden’s accuser… hmmmm. Really not hard to figure out. Biden’s a dem.

You’re allowed to sexually harass women if you’re flaming lib. All others need not apply.

Did you honestly expect anything different?

We’re talking about people who believe victims only exist if they can be used to support a cause.

1 Like

There’s a strong case to be made that this behavior is not owned by either side, and should be condemned by both.

This was not that case.

I haven’t seen it condemned from any politician that condemned Kavanagh. Not a single ■■■■■■■ one on the left. Prove me wrong.

Doesn’t change the fact that Sen. Mazie Hirono is a seriously ■■■■■■■ hypocrite. Which represent many in her party and metoo movement.

1 Like

I know the party that nominated and enthusiastically supported a man who is on tape bragging about being able to grab women by the ■■■■■ isn’t griping about another party excusing such behavior in their nominee.

Sorry, but if you’re going to excuse one, then you have to excuse the other if you are going to remain consistent.

2 Likes

And I haven’t seen one Republican who has come out and say anything about the 25 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct. Funny how that works.

1 Like

This isn’t a thread about Trump. If you want to discuss the president you should start a new thread.

3 Likes

So neither party has any moral authority.

I don’t get why libs always deflect to Trump. We get it: orange man bad.

So Dems are no better. Good to know.

1 Like

Not on this particular issue. One has already nominated and elected a pervert. It looks like the other will now nominate a pervert.

2 Likes

But why aren’t the Dems, who were fine with stringing a guy up before he was heard… all of a sudden dead quiet about an accuser of one of their own? Why aren’t they calling for Biden’s head? Shouldn’t they be consistent?

1 Like

Because it’s all they have. For them Trump justifies their very existence.

2 Likes

Both parties should be consistent. But neither are. It’s one of the reasons I now refuse to have anything to do with political parties.

Should Biden withdraw his name Like the Dems were demanding of Kavanagh before he was even heard?