Senator Fetterman News Notes Overcoming Stroke

Interesting OP on how the Fetterman health uncertainty will impact the dem party and the 2024 election in PA.

Robert Singh, a professor of politics at Birkbeck, University of London, told Newsweek that “the claim that there is no contingency plan for Fetterman is deeply implausible.”

"If true, it suggests a state Democratic Party that is either politically negligent or suffering internal problems of its own,"Singh said.

“One would imagine that, even in the 2022 midterms, a candidate who had suffered a stroke would prompt his party to consider possible replacements. Given Fetterman’s current self-admission for mental health treatment, and his absence from the Senate, it seems quite bizarre that the party would not have reached out to potential replacements,” he said.

Singh added that since Pennsylvania “will be a key state in the 2024 presidential election—in which Governor Shapiro himself has been mentioned as a potential, if long-shot, Democratic nominee—and with, potentially, two Democratic U.S. Senators running if Fetterman does resign, nominating a serious, qualified, and credible successor would seem imperative to the party’s prospects.”

“The governor’s claim surely awaits the test of public opinion in his state,” he said.

…or a cackling Kamala VP.

…or a blithering, mumbling, fumbling Brandon.

1 Like

Good news today. Big John will be back to work “soon.”

Leaving it a bit open ended is a good idea.

2 Likes

Why not simply get a head of lettuce and sit it in Fetterman’s senate seat? The results would be the same.

Probably move him to the equivalent of Bidens basement during the campaign.

1 Like

Another sign Big John ism close to returning to the Senate is his wife working an actual fire in East Pittsburgh.

1 Like

Looks like the trend in the dems is to have a near brainless leader elected, so the staff can run things. Apparently, having a leader that can think really messes up the staffs plans, lol!

3 Likes

Pelosi

Schumer

Biden

Fetterman

Feinstein

Yep. Clearly a pattern.

3 Likes

From some angles it almost looks like Fetterman’s ears are down on his neck.

Could he be related to Mr Crocker?

3 Likes

I really hope no one here ever suffers from depression so badly that it requires hospitalization.

3 Likes

I’m guessing the dems are redefining “depression” as being non-responsive after another stroke…

4 Likes

Non responsive is not a conscious state. Outside of being funny by trying to claim that fetterman isn’t acting as if he is in a conscious state, it’s not a point of any kind

Should I post the people falling out of high buildings skit?

1 Like

Glad I can trust my family to have my good health as priority one.

2 Likes

Or that nobody has a stroke, and then has to work to get back on track.

1 Like

I don’t call being in a “job” that 90 year olds are capable of doing, “work.”

1 Like

Okay then, what’s the problem?

Had to be.

Add Mitch to the long list of Senator Sick Bay.

Mitch McConnell Hospitalized After Fall in Hotel Mitch McConnell Hospitalized After Falling in Hotel