Senator Dole Has Passed

One time Presidential nominee & former Senator has passed from lung cancer at 98.

Rest In Peace :us:

Rest In Peace

Good man, good leader, rest in peace.

3 Likes

R.I.P Old man.

2 Likes

A good man. Rest In Peace.

2 Likes

1LT, 10th Mountain Division, Bronze Star with “V” device for Valor, 2 Purple Hearts. Rest In Peace.

4 Likes

Dole use to have outreach program years ago…have a picture someplace with him and my nephew…nephew was about 15/16 then.

1 Like

Not just a veteran, but a war hero.

As usual, I did not support his politics, and would not have voted for him if able, but I have no doubt that he was a good man and a patriot.

You had me at 10th MTN.

1 Like

God speed to a good man.

1 Like

He and his wife served this country well. Rest in peace.

2 Likes

a lot of respect for him

1 Like

Rest In Peace

1 Like

A good man, would have made a good President.

1 Like

Crazy that he outlived Norm MacDonald who played him on SNL

2 Likes

He was a mustang, enlisted man to officer. His wounds were so severe that it took years, and 7 surgeries, to restore his ability to walk and regain partial use of his right arm. He would never fully recover. He learned to focus on what he had left, rather than what he had lost, and to use what he still had to the fullest.

We should all be inspired by his example.

4 Likes

“Bob Dole was an American war hero & true patriot for our Nation. He served the Great State of Kansas with honor & the Republican Party was made stronger by his service. Our Nation mourns his passing, and our prayers are with Elizabeth and his wonderful family."

—Pres Trump

2 Likes

Rest in peace.

2 Likes

Good man.

A great loss.

4 Likes

One of the last of the best.

3 Likes