Senate Report on Russian Disinformation and Goals

I wonder why the Russians would single out African Americans if they were trying to affect to election in favor of Donald Trump.

You consider debate to be derailment.
Interesting.

There is no answer for a question based on a false premise.

Lol, I guess the Senate report is fake news.

It’s almost as if some of these “people” are actually a part of this Russian disinfo campaign…

1 Like

Funny that “the article” was not the actual reports but a left leaning, Trump hating, publication.

You consider what you’re doing to be debating. Interesting.

3 Likes

Your claim was distorted by you.

Why is that funny?

I did read something similar not long ago but dealt with cookie dough

1 Like

Very fitting that we have people here that are… to paraphrase the article…

messaging that sought to confuse, distract and ultimately discourage members from dicussing the report…

7 Likes

In the words of our greatest president: “ what you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening”

1 Like

Sure. If you read THE ACTUAL REPORTS instead of a Washington Post article, you will see that both reports say that the Russian organization started its operations to influence Americans between 2012 and 2013. When did Trump announce his candidacy? 2015. Debate THAT.

To answer the question: I think it strongly hints at collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to steal the election. That answer makes far more sense logically than any deep-state scenario with hundreds, if not thousands, of separate actors.

2 Likes

Obama had 8 years to insert swamp critters… insiders who his people could control… Democrats and Republicans.

It is obvious to the objective reader here… my target audience. It seems like you don’t want the actual report discussed.

Hmmmmmmm

That sounds like a decent first sentence to a very long book about an unbelievable conspiracy theory.

2 Likes

4 Likes

LOL. So you’ve read the ACTUAL REPORTS now? Do tell. If you actually read the Washington Post article, you’d see that it does discuss the origins of the Russian disinformation campaigns:

The report traces the origins of Russian online influence operations to Russian domestic politics in 2009 and says that ambitions shifted to include U.S. politics as early as 2013 on Twitter. Of the tweets the company provided to the Senate, 57 percent are in Russian, 36 percent in English and smaller amounts in other languages.

But this quotation is directly from the report, not the Post, and forms the basis for my question in the OP, which you’ve ignored:

“What is clear is that all of the messaging clearly sought to benefit the Republican Party — and specifically Donald Trump. Trump is mentioned most in campaigns targeting conservatives and right-wing voters, where the messaging encouraged these groups to support his campaign. The main groups that could challenge Trump were then provided messaging that sought to confuse, distract and ultimately discourage members from voting.”

Nothing you posted, or in the article, negates this claim from the report. So maybe we can discuss it, as I suggested in the OP, along with the reasons and rationale the Russians may have had for supporting the Trump candidacy and discouraging threats to it.

2 Likes

Perhaps your time and efforts would be better spent trying to actually comprehend the OP, or learning the basics of marketing.

2 Likes