Senate Report on Russian Disinformation and Goals

Then why did Russia work so hard to prop up Trump and Republicans at the expense of Democrats, according the (Republican-led) Senate report?

This thread has become so meta…

You’re literally the only person talking about race in this thread.

These reports to/for the Senate are unambiguous about the fact that the Russian campaign sought to support Donald Trump and activate the conservative base to support him, while undermining/suppressing/confusing other constituencies. Those conclusions are consistent with our intelligence services, as well. Just to clarify: you reject those conclusions.

Of course they do. It contradicts their personal views.

Give us an example of how you think African Americans were duped by social media into not voting.

Hey, if you’re so surprised, offended, and bent, you are free to report the thread to the mods. That’s what they’re for, you know.

3 Likes

I’d rather spend my effort trying to make the US a better place. And that includes challenging this despicable racism that is being propagated here.

I never made a general claim that they were, so your question is off-point, deflective, and stupid. My premise is about the goals, aims, and rationale of the Russian interference/propaganda/disinformation campaign, as determined in the two reports I refer to. It’s in the question in the OP. Refer back to it, if you are confused.

2 Likes

I read it right after it came out. It was funny how stuff they reported in the book showed up in the news later.

To cause the division we see now. They watched our news reports and read all the anti Trump news. They read about all the anger over gun control. They used us against ourselves and we fell for it hook line and sinker.
They could have cared less if Hillary was elected or Trump. All they needed was for the American people to be so busy fighting among themselves for them to accomplish what they needed. And that was to take the focus off of what Russia was doing. Russia is on the move and we are spending all our time and energy investigating ourselves.

The conclusions of these Senate reports are despicable racism? Okay.

2 Likes

Have you contacted your senators to complain about their racist report?

So, again, you reject the conclusions of the reports: that the Russian campaign activated conservatives to support Trump, while suppressing liberal and Democratic constituencies. Because that seems to be a weird approach, if they “didn’t care.” It’s okay to say: I think these reports and the intelligence agencies are wrong.

I am not buying what you are selling. African Americans value the right to vote. If you think they can be so easily fooled into giving up that right just through social media, I am here to say that is unlikely. I have met too many intelligent African Americans to but that horse ■■■■■ I suggest that anyone who believes this challenge it instead of just believing it and then asking “why”.

Bury your head in the sand with your hate for the right. I can find just as many photos of Clinton, Obama and every other President talking and standing by Putin. Russia depends on people like you to help them out.

Sure seems as if some people have a very vested interest in making sure that any discussion about russians interfering in our elect be supressed…

2 Likes

None of the other presidents looked at putin the way high pitch eric looks at donny walhberg…

It’s almost like some people are trying to obscure the fact that Russia actively worked to support Trump and undermine Democrats in 2016…

1 Like

It can be discussed just a little bit, but only in the muddiest terms of obfuscation and lazy false equivalences.

1 Like