Senate Intel Subpoenas Don Jr

It appears that he didn’t agree to meet voluntarily. The article thinks this is about his statements regarding Trump Tower Moscow. I think they will be asking about other testimony he has made as well.

https://www.axios.com/senate-intelligence-committee-donald-trump-jr-subpoena-russia-9c9ed1e6-63e4-4796-91c4-a20082e991d2.html

If it’s what you say it is…I love it! Especially early in the summer.

5 Likes

I wonder if he will show up? Seems odd that the Senate is calling for his testimony.

Agreed. Are they going to lob him a bunch of softballs in an attempt to clear his name? or maybe, just maybe, have Republicans grown a spine?

Senate Intel is not what I’d expect as the source of this. McConnell can’t be happy about the committee’s subpoena.

I doubt Kamala Harris will be lobbing softballs. Some believe he lied in previous testimony. I guess they could be calling him to clear up his previous testimony, but that wouldn’t explain why they needed to issue a subpoena.

Interesting and since this comes from a Republican majority committee, an obvious break from the McConnell/Trump “case closed” position.

Since it places Trump Sr. in a difficult position --after block every Democratic request he can hardly turn around and allow testimony to an Republican helmed committee – I can wondering whether this is a signal that some Republicans are seeing the need to distance themselves form the blatant lying, self-dealing, criminality and incompetence of the Trump White House.

2 Likes

Lol. You’re funny! Republicans with a spine. :rofl:

A boy can dream.

I’m having a hard to parsing this subpoena. The message is not clear to me at all yet.

This is two members of the gang of eight, here, with the Chair and the Vice Chair. I have a hard time believing this subpoena issued without the consent of the chair. And it is definitely at odds with the narrative being pushed by the President, the Majority Leader of the Senate, and the AG.

Hmmmm.

Well, if you’re going to dream, dream big. And clearly you are.

I agree. The way the Republican party is acting nowadays, I very much doubt that Burr is trying to do the right thing.

Lol, no. I imagine they’re trying to give the impression that they’re doing the right thing. Be interesting to see what’s asked, and how quickly they try to shut down dem questioning.

If I remember correctly he originally testified that he had little to no knowledge of a Trump Tower Moscow project. Methinks that he possibly lied about this and perhaps some other questions.

2 Likes

Didn’t someone just finish writing virtually a novel investigating the same issues, spending two years and millions in resources to come up with “insufficient evidence”?
Everybody knows exactly what happened at this point.

1 Like

“When he originally agreed to testify in front of the Senate Intel Committee in 2017, there was an agreement between Don and the Committee that he would only have to come in and testify a single time as long as he was willing to stay for as long as they’d like, which Don did,” a person close to Mr. Trump Jr. said.

“Don continues to cooperate by producing documents and is willing to answer written questions, but no lawyer would ever agree to allow their client to participate in what is an obvious PR stunt from a so-called “Republican” Senator too cowardly to stand up to his boss [Sen.] Mark Warner and the rest of the resistance Democrats on the committee,” this person said.

Something odd is going on here.

1 Like

Did you read the Mueller report?

No one knows if jr. took the fifth to avoid speaking with Mueller. It’s all redacted in the Mueller report.

Calling the Chairman of the Committee that subpoenas your client a coward and a “so called Republican” is an interesting response. I don’t think this is gonna play out too well for Jr. He’s not a government employee, I don’t see executive privilege here.

Maybe we will see that moment Bannon predicted where Don Jr cracks like an egg in front of Congress.

OK. That is ■■■■■■ up. Calling Warner Burr’s boss is a sure sign that something very odd is going on, here.

2 Likes

Please tell me that’s a made up quote, that’s just pathetic.