Senate has adjourned for the day 12/22/18, will next meet 12/24/18 for a pro forma session, then 12/27/18 to resume consideration of the C.R

He didn’t hence why the bill never passed.

Thousands of people out of work during the holidays!

Na.

House will pass the CR no wall funding. Then the senate should move it to the floor, go through the 60 votes, then vote to amend the 5 billion back in, pass it with the R’s voting yes and send it back to the house.

Put it back on the house to pass it and when the dem’s refuse a vote, or vote it down it’s on them.

Exactly. He’s already signing blank pieces of paper and calling em bills. He’ll sign anything.

2 Likes

None because the the budget with the 5 billion for the wall will never make it to his desk.

They should call their Dem Senators and tell them to pass the damn bill :smiley:

So it wasn’t The Don that closed the government. It’s the Dem’s because they are filabustering the senate bill. correct?

The wall funding was never going to get passed, you know it, I know, Trump knows it.

sure but thankfully Dem have a good soundbite of Trump taking credit for the shutdown like 100 times.

Ummm yeah that’s not happening. The clean CR will stall in the Senate.

The Don said he would veto a bill without the funding. THAT would be him shutting it down.

The Dem’s are filabustering the bill . . . REFUSING to let the senate vote on the bill. This shut down is on those not allowing the senate to vote on it.

I think that would work.

R’s still hold the majority. Once it goes for debate and vote, they can add the 5 billion, vote yes and send it back to the house.

Unless the Dem’s will filabuster a Dem crafted and Dem house passed bill :smiley:

or they pass the new house bill and get off the sinking SS Trump.

Nope- the senate will not be able to add in 5 billion because…not enough votes.

Is she a liar? Did he have the votes?

Did Trump lie by saying he would proudly own the shutdown?

Polling disagrees with you…strongly.

I wasn’t a lie, she was wrong that’s all.

It’s like any political prediction, sometimes you are right, sometimes wrong.

If you are wrong you are not a liar.

Allam

It’s because the left wing media isn’t telling people that if the Dem’s would end the filabuster it would pass, The Don would sign and the government would re-open.

Left wing media keeps saying The Don said he would shut the Government down. Well he hasn’t because the Dem’s won’t send him a bill to sign or veto.

Can’t help it is most American’s can’t see who has shut it down.

I… don’t think you understand how Congress works. Republicans control the Senate. Mitch McConnell decides what bills make it to the floor. When it gets to the floor, the Democrats don’t need to filibuster it, because it requires 60 votes, which the Republicans don’t have.

Take a civics course, dude.

3 Likes

47 votes to be exact.

Well, well short of 60.

Allan