Second round of gun confiscation in NZ goes into effect today

They are still allow to have revolver and handguns though right? Only certain guns are confiscated.

That’s like saying it’s not a violation of free speech if only certain words and/or phrases are prohibited or rather, more appropriately, if only certain words and/or phrases are permitted.

1 Like

Yeah, but I need to work on accuracy with my weapon and this way I can get the same feel, same sights etc. without having to waste ammo.

NZ had a general election in 2020. The results are available in the link below:

E9 Statistics - Overall Results (electionresults.govt.nz)

Nothing better than have a young woman as leader.

She obviously is doing okay by the New Zealand populace.

Allan

1 Like

And here is the “second round” (actually I’ve lost count as to what round this is" of proposed gun legislation from the newly empowered libs:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/127/text

What an incredibly stupid contents of that post.

You don’t like her.

A shame.

I do.

Allan

Yes…heaven forfend that someone who actually lives in the region under discussion shows up to talk about it.

1 Like

My father in law taught me to reload and I’m learning how to cast my own bullets.

1 Like

They don’t vote person…they vote party.

And the gun law tightening started under the previous PM, who was a member of the same party.

People should educate themselves about other countries before posting.

Allan

I don’t know her.

Nothing better than have a young woman as leader.

Is ridiculous. Age and gender are no basis for determining leadership capability.

There is a lot better than “having a young woman as a leader.” Almost everything is better.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Big dummies with their 2 cases and zero deaths a day. What jerks.

Change “a” to “this”

My bad.

Allan

Laugh if you wish but I know NZ has a parliamentary system of govt.

And the party picks the leader.

Allan

Hey look, if you have no problem being a puppet, have at it. I make sure my dog is well fed and healthy too. Some people don’t mind a leash. I’m ok with that. It just won’t be me.

New zealand has zero covid restrictions, and a completely open economy and society, save international travel.

Meanwhile, another of my clients lost a parent to covid, and I can’t go to the bar after work tonight.

They sure are dummies over there.

1 Like

This idea that temporary measures in an emergency become permenent losses of freedom and should be fought at all costs, even to the detriment of one’s health and the economic health of the country, is a defining feature of Americanism today and a main reason why we suck at emergencies requiring a nationally coordinated response.

Do we still have rationing in the US? Do we still have a draft? Do we still have alien and sedition acts?

Defending freedoms is a good thing. Being fanatically individualistic in all aspects at all times does not lend itself to a higher quality of life for the individual.

I’m sure I’ll be called a sheeple or “rolling over and baring my belly” for such a belief.