Sean Hannity Radio Recap: Feb 12

Originally published at: Sean Hannity Radio Recap: Feb 12 | Sean Hannity

4:05 PM ET – Matt Towery, Syndicated Columnist and Pollster and Scott Rasmussen, Independent pollster and Editor-at-Large for Ballotpedia and author of “The Sun is Still Rising: Politics Has Failed but America Will Not” – today our guests discuss the debacle of the Iowa Caucus, the results from the New Hampshire primary, and the upcoming South Carolina primary and Nevada caucus heading into Super Tuesday.

Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez on Wednesday said he wants to talk about caucus reform and review the status of the primary cycle to reflect a more diverse voter base and representative candidates.

“I think the time is ripe for that conversation,” Perez said in an appearance on CNN. “I want to make sure that we reflect the grand diversity of our party in everything we do.”

“The candidate who is going to win this race … is the candidate who does the best job bringing together this entire diverse coalition of the Democratic Party,” he said. “African American voters are the backbone of the Democratic Party.”

4:30 PM ET – Senator Martha McSally of Arizona, is here as she launches her brand new campaign ad in race to keep the Senate seat.
Sen. Martha McSally (Ariz.), a Republican facing one of the toughest elections in November, launched her 2020 campaign Tuesday.
McSally’s campaign launched with a video featuring several supporters that she said “inspire” her to continue serving in the Senate. It touches on issues including prescription drug costs, sexual assault, human trafficking and improving access to mental health care.

“Those are just a few things we can agree upon in a bipartisan way, but there’s so many more. It’s an absolute honor to represent Arizona, and I humbly ask for the opportunity to continue to serve,” she says in the video.

5:05 PM ET – Austan Goolsbee, a Professor at Chicago’s Booth School of Economics and former chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers for the Obama Administration, and David Bahnsen Author of Elizabeth Warren, How Her Presidency Would Destroy the Middle Class and the American Dream, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer of the Bahnsen Group, discuss and debate the issues surrounding the economy.

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said Tuesday that the U.S. economy is in a “very good place,” and shrugged off concerns over a recession and the impact of the coronavirus.

In testimony to the House Financial Services Committee, Powell said he does not believe markets are at risk of talking themselves into a recession.
“I don’t think so and I certainly hope not,” Powell said. “There’s no reason why the expansion can’t continue. There’s nothing about this expansion that is unstable or unsustainable.”

Powell said the U.S. economy is in a “very good place,” pointing to job creation and moderate growth in a sluggish global growth environment. Despite weak manufacturing numbers, Powell said trade-related uncertainties have “diminished.”