SCOTUS will hear affirmative action cases

Could have huge implications down the road. Curious if @Safiel has thoughts about this.

What are you thinking?

Could go either way.

The result will be the same weasel wording that has been used in the past. So applicants will have a list of code words that they use that say - in code - “I’m black”. And the selection boards will then swear they had no idea of the applicant’s race.

Effective end of AA for college admissions ?

Then I guess they better hope other ethnicities never crack that code :man_shrugging:

Could be, but I don’t think we’re there quite yet.

1 Like

Nope. Would be a step forward if this was any kind of goal.

I have a theory, and that’s all it is.

The rise in “African” (they mostly aren’t) names and alternate spellings…

1 Like

I agree, but white guilt may still be too strong. It’s coming though.

2 Likes

I think they need to implement affirmative action for college sports scholarships. :wink:

1 Like

“Affirmative action” is nothing more than using nice words to describe woke racism in reverse and I’d wager the SCOTUS will see this quite clearly for what it is.

Would that be a good thing?

Probably. End discrimination by skin color.

1 Like

Here’s more information:

I suspect Harvard will face more challenge explaining why applicants of Asian descent are rejected at a higher percentage than white applicants. Why would the nation’s first university stoop to such emotional criteria as “a positive personality” and “likeability”?

I hope they are penalized for such overt discrimination against academically qualified applicants.

1 Like

bell convent

Now we can go back to the old way of selection by the ethnicity of the applicant’s name. :wink:

Under that criteria, the kid with Asperger’s will never be accepted.

Ehh ? :face_with_monocle:

Teshawn Brown is going to win out over Zhang Wei every time. :wink:

Funny you should mention that.

43% of white admissions to Harvard fit at least one of the following three categories:

1. Their parents went to Harvard.
  2. Their parents donated money to Harvard.
  3. They were Athletic recruits.

So yes - names do matter quite a bit.