SCOTUS rules immigrant won't be public charges

Another good ruling by Supreme Court (well at least the conservative branch of it).

The new policy can be used to deny green cards to immigrants over their use of public benefits including Medicaid, food stamps and housing vouchers, as well as other factors.

Essentially, if you plan on coming here to take advantage of the Dems “free, free, free” you need not apply.

If you plan on coming here and supporting yourself, then welcome.

2 Likes

Just a note, our two threads should remain separate, as mine focuses on the matter of global injunctions, while yours focuses on the merits of the issue.

Great ruling!

Here is the relevant portion of 8 USC 1182:

4) Public charge

(A) In general

Any alien who, in the opinion of the consular officer at the time of application for a visa, or in the opinion of the Attorney General at the time of application for admission or adjustment of status, is likely at any time to become a public charge is inadmissible.

Bring us your wealthy fleeing corruption charges, your rich to do seeking to make themselves even richer, and all the rest can go die.

Embarrassing.

1 Like

Here is today’s stay.

I know you’re going to find this hard to believe, but people, even poor people, actually survive without coming to the US… I know, I know… the media tells you that isn’t true. But I’ve seen it.

And guess what else? People die in the US too.

2 Likes

Another WIN for law abiding citizens

Low income people manage to survive without taking advantage of various public assistance programs.

Historically those seen as at high risk of dependence on charity have been turned down as potential residents. At one time those sponsoring an immigrant for residence signed an agreement not to let his/her charge go on public assistance should they not be able or willing to work.

That is where the sponsor was held responsible. Agree 100 with the ruling, although, in all honesty, the most likely I know to want something for nothing are white and native born.

Now…if this would only be enforced…but I know it won’t.

Bring us those who desire to give their best efforts for themselves and their new country. This is how it should be as a national policy but each of us has a personal choice on how we wish to help others. You remind me of another gentleman who sought to be righteous;

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. 22 But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions.