Scotland move toward second vote for Indepedence after Briexit

If they leave, they will automatically rejoin the EU opening free trade with all those countries EU makes about half of their total trade.

the issue your likely thinking about is what will happen with trade between Scotland and the rest of UK, it should stay the same unless UK embargo them out of spite.

You shouldn’t try to do that.

Good luck to Scotland, I’d do the same in their shoes.

If they manage to rejoin the EU I’ll probably move to Edinburgh

Not automatically. EU membership could get complicated, Spain and others don’t want to encourage secessionist movements in their own countries.

On the other hand, poking the UK in the eye might be seen as worth it and there are still warm feelings towards the Scots.

Trade between the UK and Scotland if Scotland joins the EU becomes another problem. There’d have to be another border potentially.

Then there’s the question of how to divvy up natural resources, militairy resources and perhaps most importantly debt.

Not a scholar on Britain elections but wouldn’t this have to be approved by Boris Johnson? What’s his take

I think he was referring to the one involving Scotland.

Will QEII need to pay rent on Balmoral?

I can well imagine a few Scots volunteering to tell exactly what bojo could do.

she likely already does she pay taxes on all her private holding and Belmoral is her personal property Its not owned by the Crown.

Now that’s interesting.

But it is in Scotland.

It would remain her private property, she owns it as a private citizen.
The Palace of Holyrood is the official royal residence in Scotland it would be returned to the government of Scotland I would assume.

The Queen voluntary pays taxes, I assume that would include property tax.
The Queen personal holding are massive something like 400 million in property.