SCHUMER’S SORRY: Chuck Apologizes for ‘Threats’ Against Court, Says ‘Should Not Have Used Those Words’

Originally published at: SCHUMER’S SORRY: Chuck Apologizes for ‘Threats’ Against Court, Says ‘Should Not Have Used Those Words’ | Sean Hannity

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer quietly apologized Thursday for fiery comments he made against Supreme Court Justices just a day earlier; admitting he “should not have used those words.”

“Now I should not have used the words I used,” Schumer said. “They didn’t come out the way I intended to.”

“I’m from Brooklyn. We speak in strong language,” he added.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell strongly condemned Schumer’s comments; calling his remarks overt threats against the judiciary.

“But if he cannot even admit to saying what he said, we certainly cannot know what he meant,” McConnell said. “At the very best his comments were astonishingly reckless and extremely irresponsible.”

Chief Justice John Roberts issued a rare public statement regarding Sen. Chuck Schumer’s ‘threatening’ comments Wednesday; calling the rhetoric “dangerous” and inappropriate.

“Justices know that criticism comes with the territory, but threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous,” Roberts said.

NEW: Chief Justice Roberts chastises Schumer for "threatening" statements about Kavanaugh, Gorsuch. pic.twitter.com/jQWHJTfpks

— Greg Stohr (@GregStohr) March 4, 2020

“I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price,” Schumer said.

“For Justice Roberts to follow the right wing’s deliberate misinterpretation of what Sen. Schumer said, while remaining silent when President Trump attacked Justices Sotomayor and Ginsburg last week, shows Justice Roberts does not just call balls and strikes,” said Schumer spokesman Justin Goodman.

Read the full report at Fox News.