SCHUMER: ‘Every Foreign Policy Area Trump Touches, We’re Worse Off Than Before’

Originally published at: SCHUMER: ‘Every Foreign Policy Area Trump Touches, We’re Worse Off Than Before’ | Sean Hannity

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer trashed the President’s foreign-policy approach at the US Capitol Monday; viciously claiming “we’re worse off than we were before he started with it.”

“In just about every foreign policy area President Trump touches, we’re worse off than we were before he started with it,” the top Democrat told lawmakers.

Sen. Chuck Schumer: "In just about every foreign policy area President Trump touches, we're worse off than we were before he started with it." pic.twitter.com/RCkluF4fAJ

— The Hill (@thehill) January 6, 2020

Rep. Ilhan Omar made similar comments earlier today; baselessly asserting the President may start a war with Iran to boost his “hotel revenues.”

“Trump needs to immediately divest from his businesses and comply with the emoluments clause. Iran could threaten Trump hotels *worldwide* and he could provoke war over the loss of revenue from skittish guests. His business interests should not be driving military decisions,” posted Omar on Twitter.

Trump needs to immediately divest from his businesses and comply with the emoluments clause. Iran could threaten Trump hotels *worldwide* and he could provoke war over the loss of revenue from skittish guests.

His business interests should not be driving military decisions.

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) January 6, 2020

I am introducing a War Powers Resolution in the House with @BLeeforCongress to prevent an illegal war with Iran.

We must not allow this President to send our men and women into harm’s way without Congressional authority. https://t.co/8OSkZYRXu8

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) January 5, 2020

“I am introducing a War Powers Resolution in the House with @BLeeforCongress to prevent an illegal war with Iran. We must not allow this President to send our men and women into harm’s way without Congressional authority,” she added.

I’d say that’s accurate.

1 Like