SCARED IN NYC: Frightened Subway Riders Struggle to Find Space During the Coronavirus Pandemic

Originally published at: SCARED IN NYC: Frightened Subway Riders Struggle to Find Space During the Coronavirus Pandemic | Sean Hannity

New York City’s famously crowded subway system is sparking panic among riders during the Coronavirus pandemic; with passengers struggling to maintain social distancing guidelines to slow the spread of the disease.

“They let trains that look too crowded pass by. If they decide to board, they search for emptier cars to ride in. Then they size up fellow passengers before picking the safest spot they can find to sit or stand for commutes sometimes lasting an hour or more,” reports Fox News. “This quiet calculus is being performed daily by people who must keep working during the coronavirus pandemic and say the social distancing required is nearly impossible to practice in the enclosed spaces of New York City’s public transit system.”

“Everybody is very scared,” Shaderra Armstead, a health care clinic receptionist who rides the subway to work, said this week. ”They’re trying to keep their distance from each other, but it’s impossible.”

“It makes me not want to go on the train at all,” she said. “I’m nervous every day, but I still have to go.”

“We want as little social density and as much social distance as we can get,” MTA Chairman Patrick Foye said in a radio interview Tuesday.

Read the full report at Fox News.