Saudi Arabia goes forward with plan to publicly behead peaceful protester

well we havent seen beheading like this in the civilized world sanctioned by the government since 1977. cutting off ones head is barbaric. and a govt sanctioning it in the year 2018. that just plain bad.

Allan

So Sharia is good or bad?

We should be more concerned about the US made bombs being dropped in Yemen that are slaughtering kids because Prince Mohammad Bin Salman wants to pretend he’s tough.

as a government policy
very bad
especially in the hands of an extremest government.

Allan

Its based upon religious law, which governments should stay clear of.

Allan

1 Like

You do know that the Houthi are using children as human shields, don’t you?

your relevant link is a Saudi Arabian paper quoting an Arab coalition commander who is speculating on why a child was in a car. That’s too weak to even be considered weak.

Oh. I see. You prefer if only your version of the story is told.

Well
 I added a few more links for the curious reader.

It is because it is severely subsidized and granted at a discounted rate. There is nothing wrong with it. A country that produces arms and has the ability to subsidize in an effort to support relations should do so according to its needs.

But let’s not make this out to be more than it is - diplomacy. Again your Iran non sĂ©quitor was cute though

It will be a while, but SA’s goose is cooked once that oil is gone.

Subsidized? As one who has worked on FMS contracts in various roles - including costing - for rich Arab nations, I will say that I know they pay 
 no subsidies, no discounts.

It seems like a non sequitur to you. It seems like a precedent to me.

Damn that liberal google and giving me a news article literally on top of my search result.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-21/saudis-praised-by-trump-as-arms-buyers-won-a-big-u-s-discount

And look at that literally the second line says we do it all the time for other countries as well :smiley:.

Precedent begets precedent. It ain’t new.

Are you calling yourself out here? I didn’t preclude the possibility that Houthis have used human shields. You did not make your case. You’re also what abouting hard right now. Does the use of child shields mean the Saudi government should be indiscriminately bombing Yemenis with US arms?

There is a key word in that article you posted
 “development”.
From your link:

It came in the form of two waivers from a U.S. law requiring foreign purchasers of American weapons to pay part of the Defense Department’s costs in developing them.

When we need a new or upgraded system, the development costs money. Development
 sometimes referred to as NRE.

But everyone who will use or buy that system benefits from the NRE. If we can get a foreign customer to pay, then we dont have to. So of course, we try to stick them with the bill. But if they balk, we pay it because even without the FMS, we would have to pay it because we need it too.

So Saudi still pays for the weapon system. The article is not going to go into this detail but it DID highlight that it was the development cost and not the item cost that was being negotiated.

There is a conflict. If one side used children as human shields, that side is the murderous side. Its just like what the Palestinians do to get support against Isrsel
 they sacrifice their children.

You’re defending Saudi Arabia’s indiscriminate killing of children with US arms in a thread where you’re also attacking Saudi Arabia for beheading a protestor. What’s your goal here?

So we pay for development and the Saudi’s get the product.

That’s a subsidy.

We pay so that WE get the product. I guarantee you that if we (DoD or our industries) did not want the product, we would not be paying the development costs.