Sarah Palin fires back at Sasha Baron Cohen for his Showtime Prank

No I’m arguing from the point of view that Stolen Valor as you’re describing it is not illegal.

Oh, so you’re still claiming that what Cohen did was illegal.

I’ve posted the text of the law for you. Please cite the part Cohen has violated.

That would depend on the claims he made in an attempt to get the interview or during the interview. I will concede that if he didn’t claim he’d received medals for his service, then technically he’s not in violation. But depending on his claims mentioned above, that would still be up for debate and ultimately, a judges decision if it ever came to that. At any rate, if he sold himself as a veteran, he’s still a disgusting piece of human trash.

You’re jumping to all sorts of conclusions about what he MAY HAVE done based solely on your desire for something to be true so you can justify Palin’s victimhood.

Seriously, the jingoistic snowflakiness is amazing. You’re just SO OFFENDED that he did something so unpatriotic! How could he do that! Does he not love America? I’m offended!

He’s a Brit, right? Personally, I don’t care whether he loves America.

1 Like

Not that I think you’re saying that about yourself.

And you’re jumping to conclusions so you can call people jingoistic. What of it? Like I said earlier, let the left defend the cretins out there that pose as military veterans. Seems like a noble cause.

I’m not aware of any cretins anywhere who pose as military veterans, with the exception of a news article I read once a year or so about some random dude somewhere.

It’s just not a thing in my world.

If Palin has proof, I hope she presents it. Otherwise, it’s hearsay at this point.

I hope the video becomes available without a Showtime subscription. I’m not paying a dime to find out whether Palin is right.

I’m sure it’s not edited at all.

All shows are edited, as far as I know. I doubt I could find one that isn’t edited. Unless it is live. Maybe SNL isn’t edited. I don’t know.

I don’t have to jump to those conclusions. You’re tossing proof of your jingoism all over this thread.

Snowflakey. Like I said before.

Yeah, you’re SUPER patriotically worked up over the statement of Sarah Palin. One would have thought by now that the wolf-crying from that crowd would finally start falling on deaf ears, but you’re still rushing to defend her. It’s so strange.

Ted Koppel released the e-mail the Cohen used to contact him. Why won’t Palin have her agency release their documentation? Surely she has SOMETHING, because you’re already setting it up to dismiss anything Cohen does:

I could care less about Palin. She’s a stupid twit. The only one worked up here appears to be you.

So?

How many times has Samm invoked Palin Derangement Syndrome against other posters in this thread?

Would find it hard to believe it hasn’t been done?

And yet here you are defending made up allegations by a HORRIBLY unreliable source, SnowflakeSarah, to the point that you’ve tripled down on asserting that Cohen would be charged with a crime based on her account. That’s nuts.

You should attempt to read the thread again. I said should she have evidence to backup her hearsay, he should be charged. Meanwhile, IF he only posed as a veteran, he’s still a despicable human being. Continuously defending that type of behavior by passing it off as acting is what’s nuts. But I don’t expect much more from those in the democrat party.

Let’s do some highlights:

No “if” in that post.

You arguing he’s violating Stolen Valor laws by pretending to be a Wounded Warrior (which is not protected).

You used an “if” here, but even that “if” was wrong. Posing as a Wounded Warrior would not be in violation of the law.

See above. Even if he portrayed himself as Palin described, it would not be a crime.

You can pull the “if if if if if” card all you want, but you’re arguing from the assumption that Palin is teling the truth. I’m arguing that EVEN IF she is telling the truth, it’s irrelevant because it is not against the law.

Nothing in her hearsay claims he did anything in violation of the Stolen Valor Act. Again, you’re making things up in defense of a position that doesn’t even exist.

Nothing in the claims she has made against him would be against the law.

Tell that to Bob Barr. Dude got SUPER punked by Cohen, as you should know from Borat, and far worse and with more notoriety than his Showtime would have had otherwise He laughs it off to this day.

No democrat here. The only (D) I ever voted for was endorsed by the NRA. But nice attempt at a partisan parting shot when you’ve been backed into a corner. Lash out!

I couldn’t care less what you think about his style of comedy or tactics. I even agreed some posts up that I think he’s gone too far in a few cases. Serving Paula Abdul sushi from the body of a naked Latino man when he told her she was there to received an award (which she laughed off). Getting Ron Paul alone in a bedroom and stripping while sexy dancing. Paul wasn’t happy about that, and I’d say rightfully so.

But what he ALLEGEDLY did to Palin pales in comparison, and the only reason it’s an issue is because her pride got hurt a little, and it provided her an opportunity to get a little airtime.

Feel however you want about what he did, but jingoistic snowflakiness, or stick up the rear accurately describe the reaction you and Palin are showing.

And again, my assertion from the beginning of this thread is that, according to the what Palin said he did, no law was broken. You’ve been pressed REPEATEDLY to show the section of the Stolen Valor Act, which I graciously copied and pasted to this thread for you, he violated according to the version of events Palin has told.

And you’ve deflected away from trying to do that over and over and over.

1 Like

No. He wasn’t pranking Showtime.