Sarah Palin fires back at Sasha Baron Cohen for his Showtime Prank

Are all parties involved acting in the Cohen films? Or is he tricking them?

I answered.

Your hypocrisy was exposed by the bank robber analogy. It’s not my fault that you went back to the well with “but he’s acting!”

Who did Cohen victimize and how? You still haven’t answered. I know who a bank robber victimized and how. The people he stole money from. Still trying to figure out who Cohen victimized.

The longer you take the answer the question the more ridiculous this exchange looks.

He tricked Palin for sure. Is she a victim? If so how?

I answered. You’re boring me.

How did Cohen victimize disabled veterans? What ill effect did he have on them?

By impersonating them in order to garner a sympathetic response from the person he is interviewing. If you think that’s ok and there is no victim there, by all means, double down. Also, I wouldn’t care if it were Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton he was interviewing. Palin isn’t the victim.

Did Cohen impersonate a wounded veteran?

Showtime says he didn’t. Cohen says he didn’t.

Palin says he did. I’ve covered my bases here, read the thread. I prefaced my earlier responses with IF, capitalized to assuage any doubt.

Funny how you’ve moved the goalposts from it’s just acting to he didn’t do it.

But, he didn’t impersonate a disabled vet. That was a false claim that Sarah Palin made.

Or a false claim by Showtime and/or Cohen. Of course, you don’t think Cohen is capable of making a false claim even though he makes a living off of lying to people.

1 Like

I started this conversation trying to figure out if he broke the law. You’ve moved the posts. Not me.

1 Like

This dude’s pretty funny. My favorite is when he interviewed Newt Gingrich as Ali G. Or maybe Boutrous Botrous Ghali.

“Stolen Valor” is a crime-if that’s not what you’re referring to, then you’re using the wrong term.

And GW is STILL arguing the illegality of it. So don’t tell me “we” made no such insinuation. It’s dishonest from you, and apparently you’re just refusing to read GW’s posts where he’s been arguing it’s illegal and continue to do so.

I literally just demonstrated that it was not, and it’s weird that you’re doubling down on that.

So far, you have proven no stolen valor. Playing a character posing as a disabled veteran is NOT Stolen Valor, ESPECIALLY if he didn’t specifically claim to receive the medal of honor, or a purple heart, etc.

For example, he’d have to claim he received a medal of honor and try to solicit donations (such as GoFundMe, or a fundraiser, etc.)

Playing a character who is a disabled veteran (which doesn’t even appear to be the case), does not fit that bill UNLESS he were specifically using that character in certain ways.

I’ve texted you the bill of the law, and you are STILL trying to wiggle and parse your way out of actually discussing the letter of the law.

It’s frankly a little embarrassing, GW.

That’s not against the law. It’s not the same as playing a character ACTUALLY robbing a bank. Robbing a bank is against the law. Pretending to be a veteran is not against the law. The Supreme Court has ruled that it’s specifically protected speech. Robbing a bank is not protected speech.

He did interview Bernie for the show.

Nonsense. You’re arguing from the angle and assumption that he did the thing Palin said he did, and that it’s illegal. Too late to walk that back. And you’re wrong.

It’s amazing, eh?

It’s just like Trump.

Say thing.

I NEVER SAID THAT THING.

“Here are a bunch of examples of you guys saying that thing.”

BUT THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEANT!

“Then why did you say it.”

Then the parsing begins.

This is how they’re operating in this thread.

You’re arguing from the assumption that he’s telling the truth. We’re on common ground there as I’m arguing Palin is telling the truth. I walk nothing back.