Sandy Ocasio-Cortez Supports Boycott of Newspaper!

That’s just like your opinion, man.

1 Like

“In both cases.” I’m not arguing that saying “the press is the enemy of the people” violates the first amendment. I think it’s irresponsible, however.

aoc is cool…

It’s too bad AOC isn’t old enough to run for President yet.

So is Mueller. Remember that one?

:grinning:

Eat your peas. aoc IS cool. I love how she puts Trump worshipers on the edge of the roof.

No, there’s nothing here. Either by name or issue. #fakethread

1 Like

Let her call for a boycott. If it’s like guns or Chick-fil-a, it’ll actually have the reverse intended effect. :sunglasses:

When is the last time a boycott actually succeeded?

I have no objection to her boycotting a newspaper. If Trump called for a boycott of the Washington Post I would be ok with that and I suppose those who support Ocasio-Cortez’s decision here would be fine with it too, in principle.
My objection is more to the principle she is boycotting the newspaper for, namely because they were critical of a friend of hers for trivializing 9/11.
But then, she didn’t exactly have my support before she did this, anyway.

1 Like

mueller is still cool…

a man of honor and integrity…

concepts foreign to trump and his supporters…

2 Likes

Are we really comparing which side has been on the wrong side of free speech since Trump took office? Please direct me to anywhere since the Trump presidency that a campus was lit on fire to stop a left wing speaker from speaking at an event.

that’s how she’s known on the “block” evidently

but sure you had no idea who i was talking about

Your slip is showing.

I think we’re using different definitions of “free speech”.

Free speech means the State cannot interfere with a person’s (or group of people’s) right to speak their mind.

It does not mean that all speech is equal, or that it should be treated equally by non-State actors.

1 Like

This Omar sounds like a real piece of ■■■■ from her comments on 9/11 and Jews. She can call for a boycott, absolutely. As long as it’s ok for any politician to call for a boycott of anything.

I like her too! I love any liberal who talks but doesn’t act. Words are no danger. Let her babble. Babble is harmless. :sunglasses:

Seems fox news viewers, Hannity’s in particular, are far more interested in AOC than most Dems.

So? Is there a larger point that you’re trying to make? If so I’m missing it. Please help out.

#youdon’tgettodecide