Sandy Cortez in therapy and “served in war”?

Well, I don’t think many in Congress would see this as that traumatizing, but Cortez was directly targeted by the mob, calling her name and banging on her door. She and her staff escaped her office and were taken care of by Katie Porter and her staff in Porter’s office.

Since Porter is a single Mom, there was plenty of snacks on hand and some comfort for her and her staff.

The demonization of Cortez by the Right Wing, including even in this thread, does intimate some overt hostility and aggression towards her that would reasonably make her feel threatened. And that may provoke anxiety. She is shouted at in her own hallway by that dingbat MGT and every movement and word she says is analyzed by the Right Wing and twisted to make her look incompetent and ditzy.

And the question I keep hearing from the Left is, what did she do to deserve this? Why is this fair play? Did she shout down someone? Who? Did she threaten someone? Who? Did she insult a member of Congress? Who?

You guys can and will harp on her, but if this continues I can honestly see that she might come to harm from someone who doesn’t understand this is all politics and she is being focused on because she is a very effective speaker and people genuinely like her story. She is a threat, nothing more.

1 Like

I don’t demonize her. She wasn’t in no war.

Need to add some commentary of your own for an OP.

1 Like

I’m not going to argue that any harassment is justified, but the left has had zero qualms with shouting down anybody they disagree with and she’s one of the loudest voices. We have over a year’s worth of intimidation from leftists protesters to prove that, and it was a Bernie Sanders supporter who actually opened fire on Republican House members. At some point, the fringe right was going to adopt similar tactics once that genie was out of the bottle - the temperature HAS to come down.

4 Likes

Oh. I bet they have excellent coverage :smiley:

The article is taking her comment out of context. If you listen to it she didn’t say that those who were there that day went to war. She was talking about how it was traumatizing even to members of congress who had gone to war.

“…was an extraordinarily traumatizing event and it’s not really being discussed. It’s politically sensitive, you know, no one wants to say oh, boo hoo, but there are members of Congress who served in war, and not just that but …”

Comment comes around the 10:10 mark.

Comments from a couple of reps who had served in combat -

3 Likes

The reason she’s attacked is because they want to delegitimize her., a lot of her policy positions are popular with the young and hated by the olds and they are trying to turn her and thus her ideas into pariahs.

That, and she routinely clowns on Republicans in social media. You would think Ted Cruz would have figured this out by now.

She isn’t the loudest voice. She is one of the more effective voices, and she is attractive. Which really seems to trigger some on the Right. Remember the kerfuffle when she was outed for having a dance video at college?

It was adorable, no one cared. Sneaky loved it in fact.

But hammering on her like this can lead to bad outcomes. Remember Scalise? Remember some whack job putting a bullet in Gabby Gifford’s skull shortly after Palin did that “target practice” ad? These things can happen. And she is target number one for the fringe Right, along with perhaps Pelosi. But Pelosi is the past, she is the future.

She should be scared, and if that troubles her she should talk to someone. And no one here should be mocking her for admitting it, it is beneath oneself.

2 Likes

I was suspicious when that served in war quote in the op article chose not to include an actual sentence.

1 Like

This is precisely what I am talking about, twisting AOC’s words to make it seem she said something she never said.

It is not that she does it, it is that she is good at it, she is effective. And once she knows more, that will make her scary.

She also has a habit of doing everything possible to garner media attention and Twitter traffic. She’s disingenuous at best and her latest episode is political calculation, just like everything else she does.

5 Likes

I am sure through the lens of your eyes that is the case, just bear in mind there are factors that can cloud that lens and alter your perception.

She certainly isn’t as prolific a social media presence as DJT or many other politicians, but she is effective. Katie Porter does much more social media but since she is a frumpy housewife, no one is targeting her.

So this whole thread is a lie?

I’m utterly shocked.

True…that’s why I’ve never run. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

It’s not the therapy that I have any objection to. Obviously she needs lots of it. It’s the excuse she give, instead of looking in the mirror and realizing…she’s looking at her own worst problem. Surely a professional will set her straight?

3 Likes

What does this even mean?

What “excuse” did she give? What “problem” should she be looking in the mirror for?

She a victim of the cola wars?

3 Likes

What does this even mean?

Can you give an example of AOC shouting someone down?

2 Likes