Sanders cratering poll numbers

Presidential? Who do you think I am? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Bernie doubled down on his former support of communist regimes when he was asked about it Tuesday:

This article contains an amazing quote he made back in the mid-80’s, that breadlines can be a good thing. I thought he might have been joking or ironic when he said this but I looked at the linked video and he was quite serious.

Philly Guy

I thought he was dropping out when he started his statement today, but it doesn’t sound like it. He says he’s looking forward to the debate.

1 Like

My opinion of the speech was he was implying if he loses next Tuesday he will pull out.

And he should, if he loses. I don’t see him doing well in FL, but really can’t say about the others.

1 Like

I presume he has sent the questions to Biden.

1 Like

As a Liberal I did consider her when this was all starting up and the field was getting set. But after review of her views and background I concluded she was probably bad news. She supports Al-Assad in Syria, even meeting with him. Her family belongs to a cult-like church where she was raised. They are virulently anti-gay, believe in conversion therapy, the whole nine yards. She was also vehemently anti-gay but seems to have moderated her views of late.

She has criticized Obama for not using the phrase “radical Islam” and has generally shot her mouth off on Fox against Dems. Which, of course, endears her to the Fox crowd. But it did little to generate support in the party she caucused with.

Now her campaign is being propped up not by folks on the Left but folks on the Right, along with some love from Russia (troll bots, sputnik and RT to name a few) because they hope she will go third party and leech votes off the Democratic side in the generals.

And she seemingly could care less about it. It’s funny, it doesn’t matter if the Russians prop up Trump, Bernie or Tulsi, they just accept the help and pretend it doesn’t exist.

She is bad news, to me.

5 Likes

Sanders got the brakes beat off of him, especially in MS. That’s crazy. Unfortunately people are going to totally dismiss the southern black vote. We will make or break an election. Also, that L in Michigan was huge especially since he went hard campaigning there.

2 Likes

Sanders did not win one single county in Michigan this year. That is a curb stomping.

1 Like

I am not sure what his path to the nomination is now.

I think he will hold on until Biden has secured the pledged delegates.

Hm…this is news to me. Good thing she’s low in the polls.

2 Likes

It truly was. I don’t see how he wins the nomination because it’s obvious what’s going to happen in the south and the midwest is looking pro Biden too.

Florida is going to be horrible next Tuesday, he is down 30 points there already.

1 Like

I think his only goal right now is to get Biden’s answers to his questions.

Why @Demon do you think he gave J Biden notification of those questions?

To show that there are problems that Biden doesn’t have the answers to? To show that Bernie should still be in the race? I don’t know.

I think it was an implicit concession that if biden provides some satisfactory answers and a propensity to offer sanders some concessions sanders will endorse biden sooner rather than later.

You could very well be right - their campaigns are said to be in contact with each other. Not sure how Biden satisfies Sanders, but I’d like to see Biden go further left.

I am sure there will be some areas that are open for compromise.

1 Like

Is that you Donald J. ? I knew i liked you for some reason. :wink: