Sanders could very will be the 2020 democratic nominee

If his record as mayor is any indication he’d be a disaster as president.

Abuse of office is too a high crime or misdemeanor

James Madison of Virginia successfully argued that an election every four years did not provide enough of a check on a president who was incapacitated or abusing the power of the office. He contended that “loss of capacity, or corruption . . . might be fatal to the republic” if the president could not be removed until the next election.

https://www.crf-usa.org/impeachment/high-crimes-and-misdemeanors.html

And abuse of office would include committing “high crimes and misdemeanors” in office none of which Trump has committed.

It’s ok though, you folks want to lower the bar to mean the president can rightfully be impeached over simply anything that’s fine, you’ll pay for it in the future, probably with the election of the next democrat president.

Thank you. Good post.

Yes, they have.

The interesting thing is that the sole arbiter, the House of Reps, determined that Trump should be impeached. And the House of Reps impeached him.

3 points to the left of irrelevant.

somewhere between irrelevant, and “g’day mate”

If you by the fact that Trump filed for bankruptcy 4 times, you’d conclude he’d be a failure as President.

Or his success at Trump University
Trump steaks
Trump airlines

I still don’t think the DNC will level the field enough for Sanders.

There must be some bad party relations behind the public curtain.

Could be as simple as the big $ donors telling the wealth distributor to self banish to Venezuela.

What frightens me the most is the Sanders VP pick.

:horse:

Capitalism vs Communism. A battle 30 years too late. :rofl:

1 Like

Sanders is the perfect lib choice. He totally represents the mindsets of the left and has an excellent shot…

…at losing. :sunglasses:.

He is a lot like the Larry David on Curb.

Funny at times…Never really likable.

Watched the Curb episode where David wears a MAGA hat in LA to keep people away and it doesn’t work so well for him.

:curly_loop:

I don’t think they could get away with it again after the emails leaked last time. Although I am fairly confident the hot mic moment with Warren and him at the end of the debate might not have been and accident they are hitting him with identity politics now.

1 Like

As an Aussie let me say that the exchange between Sanders and Warren was very mild by Aussie standards.

Yeah, it’s really only being hyped here by some Trump Republicans trying sadly to make it into a big deal.

NY Times endorsed Klobuchar and Warren. They said they had to pick two because… Trump.

You guys (Australia) have the best immigration policy, if a democrat candidate was running with that they would get my attention.

As an example when a certain former Labor Party PM was campaigning to be Australia’s nomination for the position of UN Secretary-General a former Labor colleague described the former PM as a “psychopathic narcissist” and that she could think of several who would be better including her pet Labrador.

1 Like

So when was the last time a candidate won the nomination that wasn’t a right-wing or centrist democrat?