Sanctuary Cities, Good? Or Bad?

It’s not just in your mind, the statistics clearly show it to be factual.

I wouldn’t be marching around protesting it carrying the flag of the country I left or trying to turn that country into what I left like so many of our illegals are.

We built this country, our ancestors fought and died for it, not theirs, let them make their own sacrifices for their future generations and build something better for them all where they are.

1 Like

Bleak future? A lot of the dreamers are really productive kids, a credit to the United States education system.

Allan

Right, they are all honors students, Valedictorians, and future giants of industry and national leaders.

We get it.

Now let’s return to reality.

You’re always very amusing to listen to. :slight_smile:

Thanks Obama.

Thanks conservative economic ideology.

Yes, but their parents, because they (the parents) wanted such a good life for themselves, bring their children over. Now the children are sort of “stateless,” not in the literal sense but in that they’re citizens of Mexico with no way to get to Mexico (and why would they want to go back, given the corruption of government and the drug cartel?), and the U.S. is the only home they know of, yet they can’t receive benefits like the rest of the children that grew up here. They can’t reap the benefits of their hard work because there is such strict limitations on what they can do, given that they are non-citizens. They deserve to have a future- I’m not trying to say that they don’t.

But I’m not up for blanket amnesty. They need to go through the process like everyone else- that’s why I recommended a work visa, so that they can buy themselves some time. My mother saw a patient a couple of weeks ago, who was a Dreamer. Her father spoke little to no English, and she had just graduated high school from a public school system. Now she can’t go to college because she can’t file a FASFA because she isn’t a citizen (her SSN is a Mexican SSN). She was a charity case, it seemed like- I can’t think of any other way that she would have gotten to see an internal medicine doctor, given that she had no health insurance. It truly is sad how they are caught in the middle of this, part of it their parents’ fault, and part of it the U.S. and Mexican government’s fault.

Keep the kids, give them an eventual pathway to citizenship which they have to earn including repaying for their taxpayer funded support while they were illegals.

Deport the parents and bar them permanently for reentry.

Kids are not responsible for their parents illegal acts nor should they benefit from them. We don’t let the families of bank robbers keep the money or anything purchased with it.

1 Like

They they were so stable under w.

Healthcare costs have defied partisanship.

They go up no matter who is president…

Allan

You want me to show you.

Lol.

Allan

Affordable Healthcare Act. Signature dem legislation.

They were going up under w.

Or did you miss that.

Seems to me you miss a lot due to your limited view of the world.

Allan

Affordable Healthcare Act

Did not work in controlling health care costs but did get more poor people insured.

Allan

Deport them all. Donald promised he would, and I believe him.

Affordable Healthcare Act

So you want to be a leech.

That how you feel about the illegals?