San Jose passes Gun violence compensation ordinance

Only a matter of time, mandatory car extension warranties.

1 Like

Hmm interesting angle. Never thought about the sales tax on guns and ammo.

Why is that allowed? I don’t pay sales tax on my ballot

Well I DID create this thread. :sweat_smile:

They’re Democrats.

I thought the answer in California was simply not prosecute criminals and those that are in jails, due to the danger of COVID…turn them loose too? Didn’t that already fix all the gun and violence problems?

1 Like

Betcha it won’t. 9th circuit.

Liberals are loving this… or should be. Who cares if it’s a few thousands dollars a year just to own a firearm? The price of exercising rights!

1 Like

Confiscation for non-compliance

4 Likes

They’re getting their much-desired confiscation. I applaud the backhanded way of getting to that point.

3 Likes

I wonder how they’re going to know who owns one?

But with no official registry of gun owners either locally or federally, officials recognized that enforcement of the forthcoming taxes and insurance requirements could be difficult if not impossible. So, they said they would authorize any law enforcement officers to confiscate the firearms of any gun owner they stumble upon who does not provide proof that they have complied.

“Crooks aren’t going to follow this law,” Liccardo told reporters. “When those crooks are confronted by police and a gun is identified, and if they haven’t paid the fee or insurance, it’s a lawful basis for seizure of that gun.”

Amazing. Just the “crooks” though.

Yeah, they wouldn’t possibly just surprise random citizens asking if they have any firearms and demand to see their papers.

2 Likes

And they WILL find you to talk about it. :wink:

2 Likes

Anybody who supports this is too stupid to vote.

7 Likes

I have no doubt it will go all the way to the SC, who will shoot it down

Crooks being defined as anyone who doesn’t comply with this.

1 Like

If your rights are being violated. File a lawsuit.

It’s done all the time.

And then wait while it’s adjudicated.

Simple.

Allan

Yes you did, but you did not voice any judgement about it.

Worse than that … they are “Progressive” Democrats.

I was told that Democrats weren’t coming for our guns?

It’s like you haven’t read any of my posts here for the past 18 years :grinning::grinning::grinning: