San Jose passes Gun violence compensation ordinance

Looks to me like San Jose wants to charge fees to all gun owners to pay for the sins of a few.

2 Likes

Another government mandated product to purchase?

No, no slippery slope there. lol

5 Likes

@Supreme_War_Pig ever pay for these to vote?

3 Likes

Nope.

As I stated said in a previous post, I am not arguing, I am just honestly asking

1 Like

Diminished right.

Thomas

Dude, this law is gonna be shot down like Snoopy on his dog house. Count on it.

Maybe. In years. In the meantime?

3 Likes

I dunno. Pay for the insurance and grumble on internet forums?

The people of San Jose had lost their mind!

2 Likes

In the meantime rights are being violated by government. Will there be reparations?

2 Likes

Yeah, sorry about that. I too am frustrated about how long our system can take.

As far as reparations, I honestly don’t know. I can’t I have heard of reparations in SC decisions, which is where this will end up.

It’s the world they voted for - no sympathy. This gesture will cost that city millions in litigation fees.

1 Like

Oh yeah it will. Super dumb move.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to think on what grounds would you sue the city of San Jose over this? So far I’ve got nothing.

1 Like

It’s not a question of time.

:popcorn:

1 Like

Not totally, but citizens who carry will have to pay monthly or quarterly for this insurance while the case gets hashed out. This will be years, which means your question about reparations is apt.

Why should legal gun owners pay a poll tax?

6 Likes

It’s a question of honesty. There is no reason for any one to intentionally pass a law which violates the very Constitution they swear to uphold.

3 Likes

…dude, it’s a fee for gun ownership. That is an infringement.

I feel that our friends on the right have an overly-broad definition of what anvinfringement is, but this is a requirement to pay the state in order to exercise your right. And that is verboten.

4 Likes