Ruth Bader Ginsburg's next birthday is March 15th - what else will soon be turning besides her age?

If a side claims to be “better” than the other side, but once they are in power do the exact same corrupt or otherwise disparaged things [Obama excoriated for going golfing, Trump’s a maverick!, Obama criticized for being arrogant, Trump’s a maverikck!, Obama criticized for being over sensitive about his ears, Trump whines and pouts and “takes it to” every single slight real or imagined, and he’s just someone who doesn’t take any guff., Obama lowered our standing in the world after his apology tour, but it was Trump that foreign politicians laughed at…)

Sorry, I digressed.

It’s that type of thing that causes the average citizen to lose confidence in politicians - the knowledge that they all lie, fulfill their promises only when it suits their own agenga, and that they’re all crooks.

I have no problem with this, it wouldn’t have effected the outcome of election IMO.

But that doesn’t change the fact that if a seat does open up, he should try to fill it regardless appearance.

I’m not going to hold him to standards that libs have set for conservatives…that’s a weakness that left has been exploiting.

I’m sorry…I’m not going to allow the left to hold us to standards that “they” have set.

Oh no Alex! Never have confidence in politicians.

2 Likes

Longer life expectancy makes at least any short term determinations of hers remain viable. Back in the day it was so much more common for justices to die in office. Seventeen of the initial 38 justices to die while in office died prior to their 70th birthday. In contrary, the six justices who have retired since 1990 had either reached or were approaching their 70th birthday at the time they each stepped down. No matter how long Justice Ginsburg intends to continue on in serving it’s solely her call to decide.

It’s not a right.

Safiel, just curious how you just said “Democrats are doing their level ******* best to make sure Trump wins a second term.” is applied here in proper context as it relates to Associate Justice Ginsburg?

She could well be a viable presence on the court for 5 more years.

I would not bet against her determination to stick around.

An early Happy Birthday to her.

:birthday:

Odds are good. Jewish women of Ashkenazi ancestry can live pretty long. From personal experience my mother died @ 93, her sister 92 (both smoked well into their 40’s). 3 of her cousins are past 90 as well as 2 of my wife’s aunts… L’Chaim.

I wonder what the record is…

You are correct SneakSFDude, fact checking a Constitutional right can be a prerogative or a duty, a power or a restrain of power, recognized and established by a sovereign state or union of states.

The procedure for appointing a Justice to the Supreme Court is provided for in the U.S. Constitution in only a few words. The “Appointments Clause” that the President "shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint… Judges of the supreme Court.

Please refer to my prior reply now edited.

Looks the same to me.

She is already at number 6 and needs to get to 90 years 10 months for the record.

Doable for sure.

Probably what she’s holding on for.

I always root for longevity.

1 Like

The problem could be if Democrats take the Senate and the Presidency next time, and McConnell rushes in a replacement for the SC. Then Dems would have a basis to claim that they were justified to add seats to the court.
They could do it anyway, but that would be a justification.
Now if the Republicans were to lose the Presidency but keep the Senate, they might be tempted to take and “up yours” attitude if a SC vacancy occurred.

Of course, if the Dems take the Presidency and the Senate, we’re in deep Schiff anyway.

They’re going to attempt it away.

My opinion Trump will be reelected, the question remains will he keep the senate.

We should have picked up couple extra seats in 2018 when it was to our advantage. Now it’s their advantage.

1 Like

Ashkenazi ancestry, please explain. Her father Nathan Bader looks to born in Khmelnyskyi, Ukraine.

Under those circumstances the Dems might choose to increase it by more than the two. Is Michelle Obama a qualified lawyer?

Jews from Eastern European descent.