Russian Interference in 2020 Elections

US to “win” what?

Well hell, if it wasn’t innocuous then let’s attack.

1 Like

Hang on. What major thing happened in the 60s? How has media changed since then?

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ok, if you say so.

Facebook!

purse

1 Like

It is, without a doubt, impossible to know who Russia truly favored in the 2016 election. Maybe they advocated for Donald Trump here and there, but there could very well be evidence that they also supported Hillary Clinton. We know for a fact that Hillary Clinton would have been better for the Russian government because of her lack of experience in foreign policy. Therefore, it is logical to conclude that Putin might have wanted her to win. We will never know.

1 Like

Hildawg had loads of FP experience! Most successful SECSTATE in history!

Trump had zero government experience.

Stop trying to take this away from Vlad.

1 Like

You can be sure that Hildawg only FP experience was listening to what her husband said. She made him sandwiches while he talked to the people that mattered.

Trump knew all the major players due to his work in the private sector. I’m sure he had Putin on speed dial. Don’t underestimate a international business-man.

Americans don’t need help with that issue. Our political servants lead by example.

1 Like

We can only hope most Americans can resist being influenced by Russia so much so that they end up voting for an obvious Russian agent for President, Like John Brennan did.

1 Like

What? You aren’t down with nuclear war over a few facebook ads and twitter trolls?

1 Like

In Helsinki, Putin said he favored the election of Donald Trump.

All of the American intelligence agencies said the Russians were working to elect Trump.

The Mueller investigation concluded Russian interference was intended to favor Trump.

Given all that, what is are your sources for concluding that the Russians don’t favor one outcome over another. I have to conclude your astoundingly well connected.

Obama tried to organize a bi-partisan response in 2016 so that he would not be viewed as intervening in the election in a partisan way. Mitch McConnell blocked Republican participation. After the election, Obama increased sanctions on Russian oligarchs… sanctions the Trump Administration has reduced, most notably on Oleg Derispaska.

Tell me again, why you say Obama “didn’t address it”.

And while we are at, what are your thoughts on the announcement from Rusal – the aluminum company Derispaska controls – that they are building a $200M factory in Kentucky – McConnell’s state?

I imagine Trump’s campaign manager will once again share the polling data that they collected with the Russians agai, so the Russians know who to Target.

After seeing the Mueller report and the case of Russian interference laid bare, the statement of the President in Helsinki about believing Putin seems even worse.

I am not sure why his supporters put up with such self imposed ignorance.

1 Like

Reading the Mueller report, it shows multiple instances of the campaign being willing to work with a foreign adversary to effect the election but was stymied by stupidity and incompetence in a lot of cases.

Not a good look really.

2 Likes

It has NEVER happened at anything close to the scale of which we saw in 2016.

1 Like

Yeah? Show me where this has happened before on this scale.

Extra credit: Why are you okay with Russian attacking our election process?