Russian intel posed as ISIS to threaten US militairy wives

That’s one way to do it. I seem to recall reading something similar about US troops deployed in E. Europe, Russian cyber was targeting their smartphones (that they’re not supposed to have) for details on troop deployments and personal information like spouses.

This is going to get nastier and nastier.

I expect this to happen to Canadian troop being deployed in Latvia.

Yeah it’s been a useful test bed for the Russians.

I believe elements of the US army have been trying to sound the alarm bells as to current Russian electronic warfare capabilities being deployed in E.Europe, not just in terms of hacking but in shutting down comms and everything else.

from the link…

“The Associated Press has found evidence that the women were targeted not by jihadists but by the same Russian hacking group that intervened in the American election and exposed the emails of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign chairman, John Podesta.”

hmmmmm… the AP is now our counterintelligence organization?

no they are an news organization someone came to them with a story, they fact check it and publish it.

Keep reading.

yeah… it says “pay no attention to radical Islam”, your real enemy is the same country who passed legislation to protect its children from homosex. It says your real enemy is the one that got Trump elected.

Yeah yeah… I can read.

You people underestimate the sophistication of hackers and how many levels of false flags they use.
Here… let me put on a mask and rob a bank and “accidentally” drop my wallet in the parking lot. But first I’ll get my enemy’s fingerprints on my credit cards. Then when I’m accused, my lawyer will say… let me examine the credit cards. He will say that no bank robber would actually lose his wallet and that it was planted to make it look like me. Planted by whom? Well the fingerprints point to this other guy. So he must me the real thief.

How many levels of deception is a hacker capable of?