Russian Banks moving towards Chinese UnionPay system to bypass SWIFT payment sanctions

Changes like this don’t happen overnight, trust me China has been hard at work setting this structure up.

The world is headed for a reckoning a new bloc of countries is taking shape with China at the head.

Russia and China came out strong during the Xi and Putin press conference.

Essentially rejecting western democracies, in their view the government is the end all be all.

While all these new/other systems are popping up, a new internet would be nice as well. :person_shrugging:

China’s internet is essentially that with its great firewall

That’s no internet, that’s an aquarium. lol

1 Like

I hope they switch to XRP. Could turn a couple hundred dollars of tokens into a couple million…

I don’t agree with that in light of the Russia/China axis, with their attendant satellite nations.

Especially if Trumpism comes back to power.

The thought that China will draw close to Russia at the exclusion of the West is ridiculous. All the raw materials from Russia do no good if they lose their markets. And Russia isn’t much of a market.

But China is set to become the market.

1 Like

They’ll still need the West.

Sure, but the center of economic gravity is going to shift decisively in their favor.

Maybe, but that’s years in the future.

Oh yes. I suppose that I should have added that.

I would like to see that it will never happen the sanctioning of China. They sanctioned like 2 business people after the found out they had concentration camps with a million people in it. If China takes Taiwan there will be nothing like the sanctions we have seen on Russia.

Just like we were all saying would happen.

All because of EU and NATO actions that caused all this.

Oh jeez. Poor little Putin, a hapless victim of circumstance.:roll_eyes:

And the Russians are completely innocent of any wrongdoing…

Amazing, the twisted sense of reality and of history some people around here suffer from.

their gdp is slightly smaller than our and they have 5 times the population. the dollar store buys from them, it doesn’t sell to them

except… no

Yes, European elites snobs pushed this war for their own greed…and that’s a fact